• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watson dealt to Sonics according to .........

MoonKnight

ESPN in a three way deal between Seattle, Denver, and Porltand. Seattle gets Watson, Denver gets Patterson, and Portland gets Lenard and Potapenko. Watson cannot land on a team where he could be the starting point. Strange deal for the Sonics to make considering they are not in contention for a playoff spot. Portland continues to gain cap space but I hope not enough to resign Pryz.

I don't see Watson falling behind Brunson on the depth chart and Murray primarily backs up Allen at the 2. Watson may end up being a highly paid career backup. I don't understand why the Sonics would make this investment in a player with his contract when they are not playoff contenders and have a good young point guard.

I disagree. Unless the Sonics are overhauling their team to emphasize D then Watson is a backup. Luke is a far superior offensive player and passer (his D is horrible)compared to Watson. Watson is a good defensive player with few offensive skills. Coach Hill has been complaining to the Seattle press that he needs a backup point. I suspect Watson was brought in as the backup point. IMO, Watson is costing the Sonics alot of cash to be a backup.

hopefully not wishfull thinking. I remember alot of people on here grumbling this past offseason when it was noted that the Hawks might be interested in signing Wilkins. Now, he's been somewhat successfull as a PG and alot of people are OK with it. I can joke about it because I was one of those people.

Quote:

Watson is a good defensive player with few offensive skills.

Watson is shooting 39% from three and Luke is shooting 27%.

Luke is a lousy defender on the worst defensive team in the league. I can't see him starting in front of Watson once watson gets acclimated.