• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LETTER FROM BILLY KNIGHT TO ME (US FANS)

SmooveTheFuture

Dear Yoel,

With the NBA Trade Deadline passing earlier today, I would like to take this opportunity to share some insight with you about the direction of our team and thank you for your continued support of the Hawks.

The development of our team is ongoing and we have been involved in many discussions throughout this season about possible trades because we have players many teams find desirable and salary cap space. However, none of the proposed offers made good short-term or long-term sense for us in our desire to continue building a very competitive, athletic, championship-caliber team that you and all of our fans will be proud to support for years to come.

We have a solid foundation of young players upon which to build and are constantly looking at ways to improve. We will add more quality players and make moves that will positively impact our club without sacrificing our future growth.

In our last 34 games, we have gone 14-20, including 5-5 in our last 10 games. Our improved play has been a team effort, spearheaded by our veterans Joe Johnson, Al Harrington and Zaza Pachulia. With 16 wins thus far, we have surpassed last year’s win total and look forward to finishing the season strong.

Your continued support is greatly appreciated by our entire organization and I look forward to seeing you cheering for the Hawks at Philips Arena.

Sincerely,

Billy Knight

Executive Vice President and General Manager

Atlanta Hawks

Sounds like he wants to tell everyone he knows wat hes doing and he will make moves when the right one comes along. I hope Al doesnt play the rest of the Year I cant stand him.

I would bet the farm that:

A..Billy Knight didn't write a word of that..

B..Billy Knight has no clue it was even sent out..

C..The Hawks PR department was told to respond to the criticism of us doing nothing..

Billy Knight thinks he is above addressing the lowly fans..He has said as much many times.

I just obtained a copy of the original draft that BK gave to the Hawks PR department before they made a few small changes..

Dear Fans

Bernie made me write this letter, and if he ever makes me do anything again I will send him the way of Bruce Levinson..That being said..

Quit your bitchin, I am the basketball expert here, don't ask me stupid questions..I have a plan, its not a 2 year plan, its not a 5 year plan, its not even an 8 year plan, but its my plan and I don't have to share it with you morons.

We don't need a point guard..We have Salim, JJ, Ivy, and Lue..They are not point guards, they are not 2 guards, they are not certain kinds of guards..We also have Tony Delk, but he made me angry, people don't need to make BK angry..BK will make you pay.

We should get a high lottery pick again and I have my eye on 3 or 4 small forwards that should really give us depth at that position, we also hope to resign Al Harrington, you know I discovered Al in highschool, BK makes stars..

At the 5 we are very happy with Zaza, we hope to bring David Anderson over to back him up, and I have my eye on a 6'7" Norwegian center that is dominating in the " Erik the Red Midnight Sun " league.

Finally, I just have to compliment Woody on the tremendous job he is doing..Has anyone noticed the improvement that Woody has made on his "looks of disbelief" that he often gets when Smoove misses a dunk , Salim hoists up a 35 footer or Al falls down on defense..He has the best "look of disbelief" of any coach currently in the NBA..

So in conclusion..

Quit your bitchin.

Don't ask questions.

Understand I am smarter than you.

Sincerely

Billy Knight

Basketball Expert

Quote:

C..The Hawks PR department was told to respond to the criticism of us doing nothing..

Billy Knight thinks he is above addressing the lowly fans..He has said as much many times.

Jackpot!!!!

Quote:

I just obtained a copy of the original draft that BK gave to the Hawks PR department before they made a few small changes..

Dear Fans

Bernie made me write this letter, and if he ever makes me do anything again I will send him the way of Bruce Levinson..That being said..

Quit your bitchin, I am the basketball expert here, don't ask me stupid questions..I have a plan, its not a 2 year plan, its not a 5 year plan, its not even an 8 year plan, but its my plan and I don't have to share it with you morons.

We don't need a point guard..We have Salim, JJ, Ivy, and Lue..They are not point guards, they are not 2 guards, they are not certain kinds of guards..We also have Tony Delk, but he made me angry, people don't need to make BK angry..BK will make you pay.

We should get a high lottery pick again and I have my eye on 3 or 4 small forwards that should really give us depth at that position, we also hope to resign Al Harrington, you know I discovered Al in highschool, BK makes stars..

At the 5 we are very happy with Zaza, we hope to bring David Anderson over to back him up, and I have my eye on a 6'7" Norwegian center that is dominating in the " Erik the Red Midnight Sun " league.

Finally, I just have to compliment Woody on the tremendous job he is doing..Has anyone noticed the improvement that Woody has made on his "looks of disbelief" that he often gets when Smoove misses a dunk , Salim hoists up a 35 footer or Al falls down on defense..He has the best "look of disbelief" of any coach currently in the NBA..

So in conclusion..

Quit your bitchin.

Don't ask questions.

Understand I am smarter than you.

Sincerely

Billy Knight

Basketball Expert

mmm some people call that comedy, NBA GMs outside of New York call that the Atlanta Hawks!

Quote:

And while you are out there on your farm, you can also make some cheese to go along with this wine.... wink.gif

Quote:

I thought it was a step in the right direction.

Agree. I see nothing wrong with it, it's good PR. I'm assuming the Hawks realized that a lot of fans would be disappointed that no moves were made yesterday, so they sent this letter out to try and defuse that somewhat- to show that yes they are aware and yes they do care greatly about making this team better, but that that's an ongoing process, and the fact that no trades were made yesterday should by no means be taken by the fans as indicating that Hawks management is stupid or just doesn't care- because that's not the way it is.

So I think the letter was a good gesture, and is much better than having them obviously not give a crap and just ignore the fans completely, eh?

Quote:

hey hawks fas fu, do u think a championship is built overnight? wheres our dunkan? olijawon? jordan? be patient. would u rather be the knocks?? the raptors??? the bullls?? no??thought so. NBA champs 2008 i promise.

Do you really want to include the Bulls and the Raptors in there? I mean both have better records, and the Bulls made the playoffs last season. To me, looks like the Bulls future is just as bright as the Hawks. They both have massive cap space, high lottery picks (thanks again NY), and a good young core.

(and no offense, but I would take Scott Skiles over Woodson any day of the week)

Quote:

Quote:

hey hawks fas fu, do u think a championship is built overnight? wheres our dunkan? olijawon? jordan? be patient. would u rather be the knocks?? the raptors??? the bullls?? no??thought so. NBA champs 2008 i promise.

Do you really want to include the Bulls and the Raptors in there? I mean both have better records, and the Bulls made the playoffs last season. To me, looks like the Bulls future is just as bright as the Hawks. They both have massive cap space, high lottery picks (thanks again NY), and a good young core.

(and no offense, but I would take Scott Skiles over Woodson any day of the week)

Respect to the Bulls they killed us that game before we cut that lead.

NyKnicks hmmmm..... frown.gif

Quote:

In our last 34 games, we have gone 14-20, including 5-5 in our last 10 games. Our improved play has been a team effort, spearheaded by our veterans Joe Johnson, Al Harrington and Zaza Pachulia. With 16 wins thus far, we have surpassed last year’s win total and look forward to finishing the season strong.

AMAZING THAT A GM BRAGS ABOUT 16 WINS AND HAVING A 14-20 OVER THE LAST 34 GAMES. I THOUGHT PROFESSIONAL SPORTS ARE ABOUT WINS AND LOSSES. WHERE IS THE COMPETITIVE FIRE? WHAT A JOKE OF A FRANCHISE!