• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blah Blah Billy this, blah blah Billy that....

TheDude

Quote:

If there isn't anything good yesterday then what in the hell makes you think that there will be something good in the offseason? WHEN AL IS UNRESTRICTED!!!!!

hey dipshit if you were the GM of another team, would you give up more for a 3 month rental of Al, or for 6 years worth of Al? Why would anyone give good pieces for a player WHO IS UNRESTRICTED !!!!! Oh I get it the fact that he is unrestricted makes him worthless to us, but extremely valueable to everyone else? That makes a lot of sense crazy.gif

The fact is that Chicago is the only legit threat to sign Al outright, as Al will be getting paid. He is not taking the MLE. He can't sign in NY. Al will want to get paid, and will want the full 6 years. Therefore no matter where he goes, he will force them to do a SNT with us. It's a win-win for us and him. What's in his interest is in our interest. He's not going to give up the extra money.

stop trolling and go to an isiah thomas fanboard. Hurry up while he's still got a job though

Quote:

Quote:

If there isn't anything good yesterday then what in the hell makes you think that there will be something good in the offseason? WHEN AL IS UNRESTRICTED!!!!!

hey dipshit if you were the GM of another team, would you give up more for a 3 month rental of Al, or for 6 years worth of Al? Why would anyone give good pieces for a player WHO IS UNRESTRICTED !!!!! Oh I get it the fact that he is unrestricted makes him worthless to us, but extremely valueable to everyone else? That makes a lot of sense crazy.gif

The fact is that Chicago is the only legit threat to sign Al outright, as Al will be getting paid. He is not taking the MLE. He can't sign in NY. Al will want to get paid, and will want the full 6 years. Therefore no matter where he goes, he will force them to do a SNT with us. It's a win-win for us and him. What's in his interest is in our interest. He's not going to give up the extra money.

stop trolling and go to an isiah thomas fanboard. Hurry up while he's still got a job though

I guarantee you that Zeke will be more sucessful and will last longer in NY than BK will here.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I guarantee you that Zeke will be more sucessful and will last longer in NY than BK will here.

Zeke is awesome! What a success he has been.

Do you think he'll be as big a success in New York as he was bankrupting the CBA?

Do you think he'll make some more good FA signings like Jerome James?

Or some good roster decisions like running out a lineup of Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Richardson and the newly acquired center Antoine Walker (you know Thomas is trying to figure out how to trade his 2009 1st round pick for Twon) just so they can compete for title of world's biggest chucker?

The fact that you would defend Thomas's management of the Knicks is hilarious. You just destroy your entire credibility as a basketball fan. Incredible.

• Moderators

Quote:

Who in the world would be stupid enough to give Al a six year contract anyway?

Isiah Thomas gave Jerome James a five year deal and you think GMs are going to have a problem going one year longer for the much better, younger and more productive Al Harrington?

who gives larry hughes a max contract? It's the NBA. It's not about what they're worth, it's about what it takes to get a player on your roster. I would sign Al to a 6 year deal if it's reasonable. Something tells me that some team will sign him to a near max deal though, which he is obviously not worth

Few people are as inept as Isiah Thomas. Al already has gimpy knees at age 25. If others on this board are to be believed, we don't gain anything when Al is on the floor. He bogs down the offense, plays terrible defense. I can't imagine anyone wanting 6 years of that.

Quote:

who gives larry hughes a max contract? It's the NBA. It's not about what they're worth, it's about what it takes to get a player on your roster. I would sign Al to a 6 year deal if it's reasonable. Something tells me that some team will sign him to a near max deal though, which he is obviously not worth

Notice that it wasn't a sign and trade either.