• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PreseasonStats...EddyCurry2ndBest"C"InNBAByYrsEnd?

Guest Walter

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-player-rankings.shtml

This link has all the top player preseason stats for those interested.

However, I also found this in the "Amico Report"...

In reply to:

"Q: Who do you think will develop into a better player -- Chicago's Eddy Curry or Houston's Eddie Griffin?

A: ...I'm leaning toward Curry, but that's no knock on Griffin. It's just that, as I wrote this summer,
Curry could become the NBA's second-best center by the end of the season...
"

It's very possible (but still hard to believe) that a recently turned 20 year old in just his 2nd year can become the leagues 2nd best center. Regardless of whether he does THIS YEAR he should and in the EC he should dominate in coming years regardless.

More evidence to support it a is 16.6 PPG average this preseason.

Kudos to Brown for his RPG, PPG, and FG%!

W

Pre-season stats have to be taken with a grain of salt, esp. concerning young guys with big roles (who play lots of minutes), but it's true, he's been scoring quite well...but his defense/ board work leave a LOT to be desired. I dunno, to be considered the second best center, I think you've got to get it done on both ends of the court.

In the East, which is dominated by small ball, it's almost more beneficial to have a quicker-defensive minded center to keep people out of the lane. It's part of the reason Camby did so well, Deke too, and part of the reason I really believe Theo can change to game so readily...there just aren't too many people we have to worry about backing him down/muscling him around in the post (in the East).

I think preseason stats mean a little more than summer league stats but I'll take a "show me" atitude to ALL of the numbers being put up by these young guys until they start playing in the regular season. If preseason stats mean anything, Drew Gooden is right there with KG with regard to his scoring/rebounding skills and Kwame Brown is already one of the best PFs in the EC.

I do think Curry has the potential to be a very good player and maybe the 2nd best center in the NBA ONE DAY but I don't think he will be the 2nd best Center in the EC this year, let alone the entire NBA.

There aren't that many good centers in the east, Curry could be legit this year already.

Scouts are drooling over Curry, offensively he's doing it all it's just his defense making clear he's just a 2nd year player.

Deke is too old, Kurt Thomas is a PF , Baker is a doughnut, Zo is tragically coping with his kidney disease, Brad Miller? ,

Magloire is getting there and Ratliff is recovering but those are I guess the best centers in the east.