• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bally Sports App Issues

Jody23

23 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Inexcusable.  They want to be greedy, but then provide subpar service.  A message on their site says they've experienced a login outage and are working to correct it.

It's been absolutely trash from day 1.  But, like BSPN, they have a captive audience so we have to work through them or seek out unwieldy alternatives.  Stupid. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Is anybody else subscribed to Bally Sports Plus app having issues?  It forced me to update and now I can't login.

Yes and if the Grizz are playing I get that game smh.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This sucks. I'm about to find some other means to watch the game.

I did.  Not that I advocate such things, but...there's links to stream nba games online all over the internet and social media.  There's reliable links on Twitter.  Use at your own risk though peeps. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I can't wait till ESPN folds and are forced to offer a stripped back product through a app.  The problem is they can't get the NFL or the NBA to take a ownership stake in the venture and ESPN the company. Translated, ESPN is in trouble and Disney wants to dump them.  Why is this huge?  ESPN is the main channel group that is keeping the traditional cable package in place.  If they fold, the cable empire is most likely over.   The problem is ESPN wants either the NBA or NFL to take part ownership and foot the bill.  The leagues have pushed back because they don't want to do that. NBC is lurking and wants the NFL and NBA back full time.  If ESPN folds as we know it there will be a dominoe effect that should affect cable and the regional sports networks. NBC, CBS, etc. should be direct to streaming because the original intent was not for them to be on cable in the first place.  They were suppose to be over the air antenna only.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/espn-nfl-nba-mlb-nhl-streaming/?zephr_sso_ott=RKFbWw

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Thanks 2

I was finally able to log in and watch the first 4 minutes of the 4th qtr. Then it bugged out and said error, too many connections. Whatever the heck that means.  

Does anyone know if NBA League Pass let's you watch all the games if I'm in GA but not Atlanta?? I may be done with Ballys app. 

Edited by REHawksFan

• Moderators
11 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I was finally able to log in and watch the first 4 minutes of the 4th qtr. Then it bugged out and said error, too many connections. Whatever the heck that means.  

Does anyone know if NBA League Pass let's you watch all the games if I'm in GA but not Atlanta?? I may be done with Ballys app. 

I don't know for sure but i think it's blacked out in GA.  You can go to the league pass page on nba.com and enter your zip code and it will tell you. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

You could do it with a VPN (says the guy who doesn’t). 
I’m in Louisville KY and they block out games in Memphis, Indianapolis, and Cleveland! Like I’m going to drive 6 hours to MEM or CLE to watch games live since they’re blacked out. 
I hate the NBA sometimes. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

You could do it with a VPN (says the guy who doesn’t). 
I’m in Louisville KY and they block out games in Memphis, Indianapolis, and Cleveland! Like I’m going to drive 6 hours to MEM or CLE to watch games live since they’re blacked out. 
I hate the NBA sometimes. 

I hear you.  but they aren't blacked out so you'll attend.  They are strictly blacked out so your forced to buy a TV package that broadcasts it.  20th century bs. 

I still have directtv stream just to watch hawks but honestly it's not a terrible deal.  for $100/month i get bally but also can watch any national sports on abc, nbc, cbs, espn, tnt, acc network etc. and includes HBO Max.  

I keep thinking of going the bally plus route but then no falcons, no national nba.  by the time i buy something to stream everything i'm back at $100 i think. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 9:20 PM, REHawksFan said:

Negative.

Even on League Pass, Hawks games are blacked out if you're under Bally's regional footprint.  I get Grizzlies ( priority ) and Hawks ( secondary ) on Ballys.  But I can't see either team on League Pass.

• Like 1

• Moderators

YoutubeTV is just killing it.  If Bally or whoever ends up with the rights wants to sell ads at top dollar they should be on there.  There is really no excuse for Bally to continue to not be on there.  No way is bally plus making up for that lost revenue. 

• Like 1