• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bally Sports App Issues

Jody23

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

YoutubeTV is just killing it.  If Bally or whoever ends up with the rights wants to sell ads at top dollar they should be on there.  There is really no excuse for Bally to continue to not be on there.  No way is bally plus making up for that lost revenue. 

I have YTTV and love it.  But no Bally's so no Hawks.  So I use the Bally's app with my parents Spectrum login which is fine as long as Bally's app is working.  If I sign up for Bally's plus or whatever, does it work the same?  Gonna be really irritated if I no longer get to watch the Hawks.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm probably VPN and League Pass monthly.  It sucks watching the arena BS in between the action and missing the pregame, but the Bally app is straight garbagio....👎

Bro, didn't know you were try-lingual.

😄

And this bally mess is completely embarrassing.  Folks are legitimately getting screwed for what they paid for.  This is essentially highway robbery. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bro, didn't know you were try-lingual.

😄

And this bally mess is completely embarrassing.  Folks are legitimately getting screwed for what they paid for.  This is essentially highway robbery. 

I'm about to write these mfers and tell them I want every cent of my money back for the days I do not have service.  This is completely unacceptable. 

Edit: In my rage, I didn't spell it correctly.  LMAO

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I am no fan of Bally's and I think RSN have hurt more than helped American team sports. I also think they are going extinct.

That being said...in one of the tweet Bally said they were issuing credits. So they at least are claiming to be making up the refund part of it. 

FWIW on the DirectTV stream app I have at home on my smart tv the Bally networks come in just fine. It is just their app that is the problem. I also have no issues with League Pass with bally games.

We're going to see teams fully go back to local channels with their own Team name+ setup like Jazz+ 

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm hoping the games are back on Hulu and YouTube.

They have to be.  Any eighth grader could tell you that a big percentage of viewers of Hawks (or any team) on those services aren't going to bother to pay for an individual subscription or even switch to directv stream because they'd rather have youtubetv for nfl, mlb, hockey etc.  they can live without hawks. 

• 1 month later...