• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2nd round pick should be...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Marco Killingsworth.

Physical. Strong. I think this guy could be the next Dennis Rodman on the boards and is offensive enough to be better than some of our post players.

His size and age will set him back to the 2nd round, but I think this guy can play PF.

• Premium Member

I just don't know if we will draft a big in the 1st round. All of them (including Aldridge) are kinda weak. I almost want to believe that we are destined to take S. Williams.

Some stats for JP Batista

6'9 270

PPG 19.5 RPG 9.3 FG% 59.5

Against

UCONN 19 pts 8 reb

MARYLAND 21 pts 4 reb

MICH ST. 22pts 13 reb

ST Joes 32pts 15 reb

Virginia 17pts 5 reb

Stanford 24pts 8

OK State 17 ptts 9

Just some stats from some non-conf games for those who contends that he is only good because he plays in the WCC. There is a reason that Morrison can lead the league in scoring..because he has the muscle inside.

I am telling you I have seen Batista play at least 10 games and he is the next Elton Brand

• Premium Member

I have seen Batista play a few times and his offense seems to catch the other teams off gaurd. With so much commitment to stop Morrison, how much does a team game plan for Batista. I know we're talking about 2nd rounders, but I think Batista benefits more from Morrison being on the floor than Morrison does Batista. For a reference, check out Calvary's numbers when Dickau/Frahm was there.

Quote:

I have seen Batista play a few times and his offense seems to catch the other teams off gaurd. With so much commitment to stop Morrison, how much does a team game plan for Batista. I know we're talking about 2nd rounders, but I think Batista benefits more from Morrison being on the floor than Morrison does Batista. For a reference, check out Calvary's numbers when Dickau/Frahm was there.

I could buy that somewhat..although I think that it has more to do with the fact that most colleges cant defend a 270 lb guy who can rebound and can step out to hit 17-18 footers.

• Premium Member

Quote:

most colleges cant defend a 270 lb guy who can rebound and can step out to hit 17-18 footers.

Here's the contention.

We're not trying to pick the player who does best against college competition. How has 270 lb guys who have lackluster athletic ability but can hit the 17-18 footers done in the pros?

I don't know, Batista could be the second coming of Hanno Mottola... I don't know. However, we have to get somebody who guages well against pros.

In that respect, Batista might be better than Killingsworth just based on Size.. But like I said in another post, the second round, we're basically going to have to look at these two guys plus Eric Williams and whatever Eurotrash is floating around.

Quote:

Quote:

most colleges cant defend a 270 lb guy who can rebound and can step out to hit 17-18 footers.

Here's the contention.

We're not trying to pick the player who does best against college competition. How has 270 lb guys who have lackluster athletic ability but can hit the 17-18 footers done in the pros?

I don't know, Batista could be the second coming of Hanno Mottola... I don't know. However, we have to get somebody who guages well against pros.

In that respect, Batista might be better than Killingsworth just based on Size.. But like I said in another post, the second round, we're basically going to have to look at these two guys plus Eric Williams and whatever Eurotrash is floating around.

My fear is that he will kick azz in the tournament and end up in the first round.

If he ends up in the second he will be this year's Ryan Gomes.