• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Predictions for the Central Division

PoppaFritz

Here are my preseason predictions for the Central Division. I ranked all the teams (1-8) and individually ranked their backcourts, frontcourts, and benches. I tried to have the lineups as up-to-date as possible. Sorry, for any mistakes.

As for the Central, I see five teams making the playoffs with the Nets, Celtics, and 76ers out of the Atlantic. (possibly the Magic in place of the Pistons, we'll see)

I think that the Hornets and Pacers depth gives them the early advantage in a very balanced division.

1). Hornets

PG-B.Davis SG-D.Wesley SF-Mashburn PF-PJ Brown C-E.Campbell

Bench-C.Alexander-Augmon-Lynch-Nailon-Magloire

Outlook- Solid starters and deep veteran bench makes them my preseason favorite.

Backcourt- #2

Frontcourt- #2

Bench- #2

2). Pacers

PG-Tinsley SG-R.Miller SF-Harrington PF-B.Miller C-J.O'Neal

Bench-Mercer-F.Jones-Croshere-Artest-Bender-Foster

Outlook- Eleven players deep, a good balance of veterans and youth. In last years playoffs they took the Nets to a fifth game in the 1st round. May have begun to gel at the end of last year, which I think will carry over to this year.

Backcourt- #4

Frontcourt- #3

Bench- #1

3). Bucks

PG-Cassell SG-R.Allen SF-Kukoc PF-T.Thomas C-E.Johnson

Bench-Ollie-Redd-A.Mason-Haislip-Gadzuric

Outlook- Solid starters, solid bench, looking for chemistry after disappointing season. Talent alone should keep them in the top 4 teams all year.

Backcourt- #1

Frontcourt- #4

Bench- #3

4). Hawks

PG-Terry SG-Newble SF-G.Robinson PF-Abdur-Rahim C-Ratliff

Bench-Dickau-Glover-Henderson-Mohammed

Outlook- Best frontline in the East, they could finish as high as 1st or as low as 6th. How well they defend and health will determine their success.

Backcourt- #6

Frontcourt- #1

Bench- #5

5). Pistons

PG-Billups SG-R.Hamilton SF-C.Robinson PF-Williamson C-B.Wallace

Bench-Atkins-Barry-Prince-Rebacca

Outlook- Their bench was a strengh last year but with the injury to Don Reid, Williamson will probably have to start and weaken their bench. Also, lack of a superstar to carry scoring will hurt them. I think they played over their heads last year.

Backcourt- #3

Frontcourt- #5

Bench- #4

6). Bulls

PG-J.Williams SG-J.Rose SF-D.Marshall PF-Chandler C-Curry

Bench-Crawford-Hassell-E.Robinson-Fizer-Baxter

Outlook- Young and talented but probably too young to contend. D. Marshall was a huge pick up.

Backcourt- #5

Frontcourt- #7

Bench- #6

7). Raptors

PG-A.Williams SG-M.Peterson SF-V.Carter PF-A.Davis C-McCoy

Bench-L.Hunter-L.Murray-J.Williams

Losing Keon Clark hurts them alot. Their frontline and depth is weak. As Vince goes, so go the Raptors.

Backcourt- #7

Frontcourt- #6

Bench- #7

8). Cavs

PG-Wagner SG-R.Davis SF-D.Miles PF-T.Hill C-Illgauskas

Bench-S.Parker-J.Jones-Boozer-Mihm

Outlook- Lack of all around talent, especially not having a true point guard will keep them in last place. Miles and Wagner will have to really step up and Illgauskas must stay healthy. Even then this team is a long ways from contending.

Backcourt- #8

Frontcourt- #8

Bench- #8

Good breakdown poppafritz, and very even handed. I think a lot of the central divison teams could rise or fall on two pivotal issues; coaching and injury. Remember that last year we were 5th in preseason rankings and then injuries set in, same could be said for Orlando. Indie has a talented squad, as do the Bucks (but I think you got MIL a little high) but there are coaching concerns with both teams. The Bulls and Cavs are gimmes LOL almost guaranteed pathetic right out of the box, and TOR..... I just don't know what to make of them. Well thought out though, a very good post.