Quixtar and Amway and other scandalous MLM's

CBAreject

I have a side interest in multi-level marketing (MLM) and deception/brainwashing that most of those programs propogate to innocent people who sign up. However, I have no internal experience, other than having attended a couple of meetings, mainly as a mole. Just wondering if anyone here is a former distributor or "IBO" who would care to share your story.

I'm in the process of creating a website that uses diagrams to explain why the initial promises of "saving 30% on every-day merchandise over what you'd pay at Wal-Mart" are fraudulent. I also contend that the probability of success is misrepresented, and I will show (using data from THEIR publications) how small a percentage make substantial money. In addition, I will illustrate the separate entity of "the system" that is what pays the majority of the higher pins' extravagant incomes is the sale of motivational materials to the bottom line. Finally, the resemblance of Quixtar to a classic illegal pyramid scheme is striking, and I will show how the products are a shill to conceal a classic pyramid scheme. It fails to meet FTC standards requiring certain levels of sales outside the network.

Anyhoo, this is a side interest of mine, so please reply or privately message me to let me know if you share my interest in educating the masses about exploitation or if you have a personal story to share.

Regards

I always discourage people from signing up for these things, but I would say there are a lot of websites already out there on them.

If you want to do one as a hobby, go for it. Personally, I would rather use my time doing other things. The MLMs are kind of fascinating though.