• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Satriani new single. Free listen

Plainview1981

• Moderators

Thanks for the link, Hotlanta. I saw this album this weekend but haven't been enamored enough with his last few albums to actually put down the money for it. The track "Searching" off his previous album was fantastic, though.

I've got it. It's nothing groundbreaking.... It's not stuff like Surfing With the Alien. I wish he'd revisit those days on his next album, but this one is good anyway.

It's good 3 or 4 ballads, a few rocking tunes and One Robots Dream sounds like it could have came off Engines of Creation.

I always liked Joe better than Vai and Malmsteen.... Joe has some songs that you can dance to or relax to.... The other two are pretty much hot dog show offs in my mind. I actually liked some of Strange Beautiful Music... I think the production on this album is alot better than the production on SBM though.

• Moderators

Engines of Creation was the last really "different" album Satch has put out since his self-titled album, IMO. I agree with you that he has a lot more range than Vai and Malsteen.

Well, I think you would like this album... Crowd Chant is kind of different. There is some hints of Engines on here... Theme From A Strange World has sort of this dancing beat if you know what I mean.

I think you'd probably like this one... I also got two songs that that were considered for the album but didn't make it. They're live version of Voodoo Chile and Little Wing. It's tough to hear the vocals so I can see why they didn't make it.