• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith not getting credit he deserves...

a1aa0

The kid is playing some unreal all-around basketball right now... Shootin' 3s at the same % as JJ over the last month?!?!? What has gotten into him?

Everytime he takes a 3 now you have to hear that same comment from Rathburn... lol

And the fact that he's now RELISHING taking the pressure shot and making it... Only bodes well for the future...

He loves to play "team" basketball... Let's hope this type of attitude continues to spread to the rest of the team...

Also, as a sidenote, what JJ has done has been unbelievable as well... His assists lately are what's mind boggling to me... Giving up our center was well worth it.. wink.gif

Agreed! I've had him on my fantasy team in a league I don't pay much attention too. I knew he'd been playing well, but didn't realize that he and JJ are CARRYING my team. Josh has been the 10th best player in our league over the last month while Joe has been the best.

I don't put a lot of value in fantasy stats, but its a decent indication of how a player matches up to the competition.

He's been nothing short of awesome. A steal where we got him in the draft.

• Premium Member

I remembered making a post a year ago about Josh Smith's projected stats for this year:

Josh Smith's upside

I said it would be nice to see him average 13/7/2, and everyone agreed. (Those numbers are in between Darius Miles' and Kevin Garnett's 2nd year numbers).

Funny thing is, since the All-Star Break (14 games) Josh has been averaging 14/8/3 with 4 assists and 41% from 3.

He's ahead of schedule, if you ask me. Not bad for a #17 pick.

I see alot of improvements in his game from Jump Shot, to passing the ball , seeing the floor better, better handles, 3 point shooting , shot blocking. You know a player is gonna be good when he is this young and improving game to game. Remeber Jermaine O'neal didnt do anything until is 4-5th year in the league. But I would still like to see him play down low more and use the 3 as a weapon instead of depending on it throw a fake and take it strong to the basket. One thing we havent seen much this year that he did last year was him just going in the lane and dunking all over people. Theres been times this year where hes inside where he misses a layup and instead could have gone strong and dunked it. I love his improvment in his overall game hes really a great team player. Hopefully next year we will see a real break out season from this kid the talent is there if he keeps working hard like he has been the sky is limit for JSmoove

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Remeber Jermaine O'neal didnt do anything until is 4-5th year in the league.

so why have you already given up on Marvin? Highly hypocritical

Typical, isn't it?

Anyone know what Scottie Pippen's rookie year numbers looked like?

87-88 CHI

79 Games

20.9 MPG

.463 FG

.174 3FG

.576 FT

3.80 RPG

2.1 APG

1.15 SPG

.66 BPG

1.66 TO

2.70 PF

7.9 PPG

Seems like in this day and age, we would give up on a guy like this.

yeah you can look at a guy like TMac too:

rookie 6/4 in 18 minutes 45% shooting

soph 9/6 in 23 min 44% shooting

marvin 7.5/5 in 23 mins, 43% shooting

Marvin's a rookie, the age TMac was in his sophomore season, so the fair comparison is somewhere in between those 2 years, and Marvin is putting up roughly the same stats, both on bad teams.

I'll start judging Marvin after he at least gets his first offseason under his belt to adress his flaws. He looks like a highly driven guy to me, which is one of the most important qualities in inexperienced players.