• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who has the better season next year...

Southern_Bred

Josh Smith

With J-Smoove's recent play, we all can clearly see that his game is coming around and becomming more consistant. All Josh needs is just one more off-season to more on some postmoves. Of course he needs to touch up his J and his handles some more just to make those automatic. Josh is a good passer, rebounder, and most importantly clutch already at the age of 20. He has his lapses at times by throwing some dumb passes but I believe it will get better(over 2-1 ast/to ratio during last 6).

Al(Assuming he plays for another team)

Al Harrington has the experience and the post moves and that is just about it, as far as being better than Smith at. He can take over a game from time to time. He has peaked, is too inconsistant, and has proved that he cannot be the "Man" on a team. I feel that his game would be better suited for a defensive oriented team where he can be a second or third option. If he is not scoring them he doesn't have an impact on the game; except for turning the ball over at an alarming rate.

Josh Childress

Josh has a ultra efficient game. He does some of everything, love his game. Great at slashing and getting to the hole. He hustles and doesn't have many holes in his game. He may be a tad slower than other shooting guards but he's still effective and is a great rebounder for swingman.

Marvin

Marvin has all the potential and the world. He is more athletic and has a better body. He is very very young and shows flashes of good thing time to time. He is a good/smart kid who a think will work his but off in the off-season to improve his game. Remember, he was the #2 overall pick so I expect major improvement next near by leaps and bounds. I think all he needs is more confidence and more experience.

Here's my ranking (Not just by scoring but by eff or PER)

1. J-Smoove

2. J Chill

3. Al

4. Marvelous (Should at least be playing like Chill does now)

1. Marvelous: 1 season of seasoning should be enough for him to get ramped up to NBA speed. Once that occurs, we will all realize why we made him the #2 pick. Maybe not early next year, but by midseason he should be putting up nice numbers.

2. Smoove: see above. He got starter's minutes and he's looking like a world-beating AK47 clone. I'll take that any day and he's only entering his 3rd year in the league.

3. Chillz: see above. Once again, he's getting starter's minutes for the most part and he's putting up nice all-around numbers.

4. Al: leaving the Hawks should deflate his numbers, especially if he goes to a team with more/better options on the offensive end.

Al has "peaked"???? How? He's what, 26?

1. Smith

2. Al

3. (tied) Chill and Marvin

Marvin will be closing in fast, but still too green to pass a veteran like player in Childress. I think its ll skywards for Josh Smith.

I think Al will be a good player for a long long time in this league, and I do thing he will improve.

Quote:

Al is never going to be better than he is right now.

Can someone help me understand this? He's 26, right? He's been a starter in the league for 2 years, right? He's never been a intregal part of a good team, right?

Put him with a good point guard and some better players, and immediately he'll be a better player.

• Admin

he's been in the league for 8 years now. He's been getting 30mpg or more for the last 5. Al is a guy with talent. But he is a guy that has had to work very hard to get full value out of his talent. His MPG have been directly proportional to his production. He simply can't play many more minutes than he does and he's not going to be much more efficient than he is. I don't care what team you put him on. He's not going to become a 23-25ppg player.

• Admin

Still, guys don't reach their full potential in year 9 or 10 of their careers. A PG and better teammates would only make him marginally better at this point. He's not going to become a 22-25ppg player, period. He's not going to become a better rebounder or passer. Growth wise, he has peaked.

I think Smoove will have the best season next year if he continues to play like he has been lately, and he will get like 40mpg when Al is gone.

By the numbers i expect:

Smoove 16ppg 8.5rpg 4apg 2.5bpg 38mpg

Marvin 14ppg 7.0rpg 2apg 1.0bpg 32mpg

Chill 12.5ppg 5.5rpg 2apg 1.5spg 32mpg of the bench

Seems like we all see it similarly. If Al leaves his stats will most likely go down a little and all our guys stats will go up due to him leaving and their improving. Factors that might swing the stats could include us getting a scoring threat like we did last offseason in JJ.

I think JChill will tend to lag behind in stats slightly due to his tendency to not force things unless needed. Marvin hopefully gets a better feel for things and puts up much improved scoring stats, probably in the same range as JSmoove and Al. When you factor lack of defense for Al and efficiency for JChill, to me Al will probably be the least effective player by next year.

1. JSmoove, Marvin, JChill

4. Al

That would be even more true if we can play more of a running style offense next year.

• Premium Member

Production will improve in this order

1) Marvin

2) Childress = Smoove

3) Harrington's production will decrease

Highest ppg average next year

Childress

Harrington

Smoove

Williams

Shooting percentage

Childress

Williams

Harrington

Smoove

Assist

Smoove

Harrington

Childress

Williams

Rebounds

Smoove

Williams

Childress

Harrington

Blocks

Smoove

Childress

Williams

Harrington

Steals

Childress

Williams

Smoove

Harrington

If ANY one of Josh, Marvin or Chillz averages 19/7/3 next year, all of the same people who are dissing Al in this thread will be THRILLED. Yet Al is currently giving us that right now.

In addition, saying that a 26 year old guy who has improved statistically EVERY year since he had been in the league will all of a sudden stop improving his crazy. Al has at least 3-4 more years to improve before his play will start to level off.

That said, Smoove, Chillz and Marvin likely WILL improve at a HIGHER RATE than Al will next year because they have a lot further to go in their development. That doesn't mean they will be better players than Al next year though. If ANY one of them puts up 19/7/3, I will be thrilled and I'll bet Al would put up more than that next year if he stayed around. If he goes elsewhere, he may put up more or less than that depending on his role.