• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody, pay attention... Refs mistake cost us game?

a1aa0

Late in 1st quarter, Josh Smith gets called for a phantom over the back on J. Collins (49% FT shooter)... What I think the ref saw was he was over the back, but it was his own player... ANYWAY... Go down to other end of the court to shoot 1-1...

PA announcer says, "Collins to the line for the bonus...", which is correct... BUT, Jefferson (81% FT shooter) steps up and takes the free throws and makes both of them... As Jefferson steps up and takes the first free throw, PA announcer says "Correction, Jefferson to the free throw line...".

NJ pulls a fast one and gets away with it...

Good thing we didn't lose by 2 points or anything like that...

Quote:

Late in 1st quarter, Josh Smith gets called for a phantom over the back on J. Collins (49% FT shooter)... What I think the ref saw was he was over the back, but it was his own player... ANYWAY... Go down to other end of the court to shoot 1-1...

PA announcer says, "Collins to the line for the bonus...", which is correct... BUT, Jefferson (81% FT shooter) steps up and takes the free throws and makes both of them... As Jefferson steps up and takes the first free throw, PA announcer says "Correction, Jefferson to the free throw line...".

NJ pulls a fast one and gets away with it...

Good thing we didn't lose by 2 points or anything like that...

Have to admit I missed that, but you make a great point.

I saw that just like I saw at least 4 fouls between Kidd and Jefferson on JJ's dribble and then to top all of that off, they killed the game with a offensive against JJ, while Jefferson was reaching in the whole drive to the basket. The announcers even commented on it a couple of times. Now, that's just a ridiculous, punkass way to end a hard fought comeback by the shorthanded Hawks.

How many times, man? How many FU{KING times, man? Games like this make me even more anxious for us to get a star PG or big. Because when the hottest team needs the ref to beat us shorthanded 1 time, win late 1 time, and lose to us on Al D'ing up Carter, we're gonna be hell.

You gotta think that this has really worn on JJ this year, given that he was on the other end of these calls last year in Phx. You could see it in his face after he was called for the offensive foul right at the end. It was a foul, but it depends on who the player is whether they call it or not. Refs suck.

• Moderators

Personally, I was hoping to see Woody lose his [censored] at the refs after the offensive foul call on JJ. I think it would have been worthwhile to earn a fine and let his players know that he is sticking up for them while letting refs and the league know that it is going to be an issue in the media if we keep getting reamed by the refs.