• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hate Whitey

wasBlackHawkDown

Quote:

I wouldnt compare him to Wade or Bosh at least not yet, but he has a big upside, I am really impressed with his Defnse.

It wasn't so much a comparison of them as players, just a comparison of how difficult it would be to trade for any of those guys. There's no reason for Utah to trade him, and if they did for for some reason decide to do so- they'd want a kings ransom in return. Franchise players (or potential franchise players ala Kirilenko) don't grow on trees, which is obviously why you so rarely ever see any of them traded.

So it seems kind of pointless to even discuss it. But go for it if you want to. I'm not trying to rain on your thread.

• Admin

You're so white you think that black on black crime is putting chocolate milk on cocoa puffs!

No chance we get AK47.

I did hear some rumors that today about A.I. Everyones been predicting he gets moved at season end. I would definitely propose something to them involving a SnT with Al and a pick or something. Maybe... A.I and JJ.. that could be the fun.

Just kidding.

I dont really see the Hawks going after A.I. but Billy Knight did say that he would only persue a point gaurd if he was a superstar, hint hint. A.I.. But the Hawks would have to give up Al and pick #1 -4 to get it done. It would make the team an instant playoff contender, but not a champion. What do you think?

I would love AI, but I was thinking about this earlier and I'm just not sure it would work. IMO it would really box us into a corner as far as getting a big man (or men).

For one thing we'd be giving up Al, who'd be a great piece of trade bait for trying to go after a big, PLUS we'd be giving up our pick in a draft that looks relatively strong for bigs. So what's left? Just free agency, and whether you've got money or not nothing is a certainty in free agency. We'd HAVE to get Nene or Przybilla. If we struck out on bigs in free agency, I believe we'd have big problems- no pun intended.

A.I. and JJ would take us far.

BUT-we cant go all the way without a big. If we do a draft trade day of Al and our pick for Iverson, our salary goes WAY up. We then wouldnt have a pick for a big, or money to sign one.

The only way would be later in the summer after we've already drafted/signed someone and bring him over to put us over the cap. Now that would be sweet,

• Admin

I love A.I. I love the way he plays the game, from a heart and energy standpoint. But it was mostly just wishful thinking. I've been predicting his breakdown for a year or more now. He takes a beating out there, year after year. Once that affects his quickness, his value drops significantly. But even still, he's a heck of a player and he and JJ together would be practically unguardable.

But he makes 16mil per. There's no way Philly would give Al more tan 8-9mil and our 1st rounder would cover another 4 mil. At best we'd still need another 3-4 mil in filler. That's a lot to give up in players and cap space for a guy that, without another player or two, won't get us a championship.