• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tonight's game was a preview of next year's team

clrumph

Didn't see the game but I just caught the highlights on NBA TV. Smoove is looking like a Kirilenko clone more and more every day (17pts, 15rbs, 7asts, 3blks). We won the game without Harrington and honestly it didn't seem like we missed him all that much.

I don't think Harrington re-signs with us anyway because of the Hawks ownership situation. Since Belkin is still technically an owner all major signings will still have to go through him is some way or another and I know he's not going to approve of committing $40-$50 million on Harrington, and IMO the Hawks don't need him anymore anyway.

In the offseason I think we draft a big, hopefully get something back for AL in a S&T, sign a veteran FA PG and let Marvin and Smoove start a the 3/4 spots. Our young guys are improving by the game and I love what I saw out of Donta Smith, Grundy and Batista against NJ Tuesday night. I really think the Hawks are building something here for the long haul and I'm extremely excited about their potential.

Quote:

I don't think Harrington re-signs with us anyway because of the Hawks ownership situation. Since Belkin is still technically an owner all major signings will still have to go through him is some way or another and I know he's not going to approve of committing $40-$50 million on Harrington, and IMO the Hawks don't need him anymore anyway.

I agree except for this part. Last year's ruling clearly established that while all 3 parties are "technically" still involved, all decisions are still on a 2/3 majority vote. So if the 2 other owner groups (i.e. everyone but belkin) agree on a signing, it goes through period.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I agree except for this part. Last year's ruling clearly established that while all 3 parties are "technically" still involved, all decisions are still on a 2/3 majority vote. So if the 2 other owner groups (i.e. everyone but belkin) agree on a signing, it goes through period.

Belkin has no say in ownership decisions right now.

that's what I thought, because he agreed to sell right? Regardless of that, even if he still has his original position, Stern and the judge made it clear that the agreement was a 2/3 agreement, meaning he has no say if the other parties agree

I just hope we don't lose Al for nothing. If he does a SNT then he will be able to get 1 more year of guaranteed money than he would he if he didn't do a SNT.

I actually thought they played better spurts of defense yesterday with Al not in the game.

• Moderators

Quote:

Regardless of that, even if he still has his original position, Stern and the judge made it clear that the agreement was a 2/3 agreement, meaning he has no say if the other parties agree

If they had never entered into an agreement to sell the team, he would have a 1/3 vote and would be outvoted every time if the other two groups voted the other way.

• Moderators

Quote:

you still do not just give al away for nothing!!! he has far too much value to just not resign him, you either SNT him or sign him and trade him during the season if you really feel the need to get rid of him

If you are replying to me, I agree. My position has always been to resign Al for a reasonable price or S&T him for the maximum value.