• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I had a dream...

Lascar78

No lie, I woke up in a cold sweat this morning... We got lucky in the draft and ended up with the second pick. The first team (don't remember who it was) picked Lamarcus Aldridge.

"And with the second pick of the 2006 NBA Draft, the Atlanta Hawks select ... Adam Morrisson from Gonzaga"

No trade.

Talk about a nightmare. Chill-Marvin-Morrisson-Smith(?) to man the SF position.

Now I don't know what this means.

Does it mean that this was a premonition of things to come?

That BK might be crazy after all and that my subconscious doesn't trust him nearly as much as my conscious side?

That I spend way too much time thinking about the hawks?

That I had way too much to drink last night?

Probably a bit of all of the above, but hopefully it was no premonition. Although the #2 pick would be nice...

Hmmm, interesting proposition. If I could go back in time and trade Marvin for Paul, I probably would, because Paul is obviously better than any of us thought. But Marvin is still so young, and LOADED with potential. I hate the thought of seeing Paul succeed unexpectedly, Marvin performing about at the level we expected, and trading Marvin one year later in a seemingly knee-jerk reaction. You just know that if we do that, he will fulfill his potential, and we will be the team that passed on need for potential, and then traded the potential for need one year later.

BUT

If we're talking about a situation where we have say the #2 pick, and we're talking about a Marvin for #1 straight up trade, that's very interesting. If you don't do it, you end up having to draft a significantly lesser big man, or a guy who doesn't really fit a need (Morrisson? Ty Thomas? Bargnani?). If you do the trade, you can get Aldridge to man the paint, and then you can draft Morrisson or Bargnani, or even Roy.

I see significantly less potential in Aldridge than I do in Marvin, but he is arguably more valuable because bigs are harder to find and we have other wings.

??/Lue

JJ/Salim

Morrisson/Chill

Smith/??

Aldridge/Zaza

going into the offseason (to get another big + PG) is awfully, awfully tempting. Say you bring in Nene.

You could play Smith-Aldridge-Nene as the 3-4-5 when you want to go defensive, Morrisson-Smith-Zaza (or Aldridge) when you want to go offensive.

Depending on where our actual draft pick lands, I think I would very very very reluctantly do it. We're not going to sign a great center prospect and we basically have no draft pick next year. Unless we can pry Frye from NY, Aldridge would be our best hope.

I actually had a dream last week similar to this, except in my dream they got even luckier and got the 1st overall pick, and they drafted Morrison. I'm totally serious, but for me it was a good dream. I hope they get Morrison, they would have to make some moves though, trading Marvin and Al would be a good start.

weird. Now I'm worried. Maybe it is a premonition after all

I mean I think Morrisson's a terrific scorer, but he doesn't play D much at all, and doesn't fit our needs at all. We would need major trades, and I would be afraid that we won't get fair value back

Okafor is a strange case. For one he has a medical history and has already shown to be injury prone. Plus he is pretty bad offensively.

i don't really know enough about his health to make that call, but overall I think Okafor has been overrated. He is good on the boards and probably better than average on D, but other than that he is nothing special. It would never happen anyway.