• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bernie Mullins Sunday Chat

AHF

• Moderators

I caught this while driving yesterday. He was asked if the Hawks might fill the need at PG through the draft and he made it clear that they did not think anyone was NBA ready at PG in this year's draft. He said they were going to add talent there in the offseason, likely through FA or a trade.

Well that might kill the thought of trading down, unlessen we can acquire a pick in next years draft. The reason I say we are unlikely to trade down is I don't see us drafting to Bigs in the 1stround when we could get 1 in the first and 1 in the 2ndround.

Quote:

Who was he thinking of???..Cassell? Banks? or maybe JT.

I didn't hear it, but my guess would be that he wasn't thinking of anyone in particular. A big man is our biggest need, so that's what we're drafting. Therefore, because we also need a PG, that means we will look to get a PG in free agency or trades. I would guess that that's all he was saying

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Who was he thinking of???..Cassell? Banks? or maybe JT.

I didn't hear it, but my guess would be that he wasn't thinking of anyone in particular. A big man is our biggest need, so that's what we're drafting. Therefore, because we also need a PG, that means we will look to get a PG in free agency or trades. I would guess that that's all he was saying

His comments were more about getting a vet who could help the team at that position right now and how someone from the draft could not do that this year than they were about anyone in particular. The focus of this discussion was the draft and what help we could get from it.

(Bernie isn't an owner, incidently. He is a Spirit Group employee with management responsibilities over both the Hawks and Thrashers.)