• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

great BD article

Boondocks

http://foxsports.lycos.com/content/view?contentId=743630

tidbit from the article

In reply to:

"I'm not going to say I'm not trying to lead the league in scoring," Robinson said after his average dropped by two full points because he scored 'only' 23 against the Nuggets, "but I'm just taking each game as it comes. My first few games I shot the ball very well, and I'm getting a few more looks this year than I did.

"But that's not my goal, to lead the league in scoring. My goal is to try to take this team to the playoffs and take a step towards another level."

Hawks' GM Pete Babcock, who pulled the trigger on the deal confident Robinson would have no trouble sharing the ball with Abdur-Rahim and Terry, said the Hawks' coaches have actually had to get on Robinson now and then to shoot more often.

"He's been very conscious of sharing the ball," Babcock said.

Indeed, Robinson is averaging 5.5 assists, well above his career mark of 2.8 a game.

"I'm always taught to pass it to the open man," Robinson said. "The team that plays with the pass is usually the team that's going to win. I know I'm going to get plenty of opportunities to shoot the ball. I'm gong to get a lot of shots. And when I hit them when I'm open that gives them confidence in me. And I've got a lot of confidence in my teammates."

Ever since we talked to him at his inroduction press conference, Dog has said all the right things about passing the ball and leadership, and now he is showing it on the court.

It's amazing when a team with no egos plays together, and the Big Dog is a good example of a player who is thriving in that environment.