This is going to be one exciting summer

jezmund

Assuming the ownership problem doesn't get in the way too much, this could be one very eventful offseason for us fans. There just seems to be so much going on. Cap space, a top tier FA, high lottery pick and tons of names being thrown around the league as trade possibilities. I really can't wait to watch the dust settle. We seem to have a lot of questions to answer before next season and I hope we answer most of them. I'm expecting a similar jump to next season than that of the one we had this year from the previous. That means at least 40 wins or so. I really believe we are playoff bound next year assuming Marvin can make a similar rookie-to-sophomore jump as Josh Smith did late in the season. I really believe they could be a devestating forward tandem. Add to that a top 5 pick and hopefully a good return for Al Harrington. I expect Zaza to be marginally improved as I do Salim Stoudamire. #1, I hope Woodson is ready to establish himself as a legitimate NBA coach.

It really depends...if teams do a BK type of roster clearing (which was impressive), then we have alot of young players to offer up. However, as is the way most of this stuff happens, teams hold on to their superstars for too long with no apparent shot at winning a championship. Teams do not like radical shake-ups even if it will help their future rebuilding.

I really hope the young hawks get a chance to hold the reins of the team without some new faces coming in to dominate. Otherwise, what have we been waiting for?

I'd like to see JJ, Smoove and Childress get their chance at a full season with it all on their shoulders. I'd be OK with bringing in a good center or PG as long as they don't need to dominate the ball to be effective.

Gym Rat

It all comes down to the lottery in 2 weeks. If by some miracle we don't get screwed and land a top 4-5 pick we could land our big man of the future and who knows, maybe by another miracle the Bulls could be dumb enough to trade Harrington for Ben Gordon.

But I think I'm living in fantasy land with both of those, especially the 2nd one.

The Hawks get good reviews on Hoopsworld headline. Anyone got a subscription to it?

TA | THE EXCLUSIVES

Hawks (Finally) Ready to Fly in '06-'07?

by Bill Ingram

The time has finally come. With a new leader established, a budding European big man in the middle, some nice young talent and a high draft pick pending the Atlanta Hawks look like they will finally be ready to leave the next in 2006-07

[May 9, 2006, 11:34]

Membership Has Its Privileges - $2.95 for 1st 30 Days |

Quote:

The Hawks get good reviews on Hoopsworld headline. Anyone got a subscription to it?

TA | THE EXCLUSIVES

Hawks (Finally) Ready to Fly in '06-'07?

by Bill Ingram

The time has finally come. With a new leader established, a budding European big man in the middle, some nice young talent and a high draft pick pending the Atlanta Hawks look like they will finally be ready to leave the next in 2006-07

[May 9, 2006, 11:34]

Membership Has Its Privileges - $2.95 for 1st 30 Days |

If that European big man is Andrea Bargnani, then he's mistaken. We will not get that lucky. Prepare yourselves now guys. Im hopping off the AB bandwagon so I won't be heartbroken.