• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things your learn fishing.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Went fishing this weekend with a friend of mine who's a trainer turned agent (mostly football)...

we talked about few things but most notably that most of these mock draft sites and some message boards are places where agents go or send their people to talk up guys so that their stocks can be raised...

He suggested that BK may be right in his attitude that he doesn't listen to press and certain articles because a lot of the information has been tainted by payola.

One notable case he pointed out was the rise of Telfair. He says that everybody in the industry knows that Telfair's stock was raised (artificially) by the NY press. Marybury's people, and Addidas. Somebody wrote a story saying that Telfair destroyed Raymond Felton.. however, the story was lacking in it's complete truth.

I wonder...Do these guys who run mocks or even who write stories for ESPN or CBSSPorts have anyone to answer to? I know a last year, Mitch Album was fired because he lied about going to a NCAA tourney game. The question is do most reporters take liberties... and are these liberties based on money?