• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do we get value for Harrington?

txsting

I think the Hawks have one huge problem to solve right now - how to get value in return for a SNT of Al. I don't believe for a second that he will be resigned.

In my mind, the ideal solution would be to use him along with other bait in a big-for-big trade, acquiring an established "star" force down low (guys like Bosh, Brand, KG, J ONeal, et al). However, I just can't see a deal out there that works for both sides. It doesn't seem realistic that we can pull off a deal like that. This board has been suggesting trades like that for months and none of them work.

However, we might be able to get value for him in a trade for a pick and an expiring contract, in order to get the trade values to match. I think if Al was in this draft, his pick would be somewhere in the 6-10 range (b/c GM's feel that 1-5 picks must have allstar potential).

Here's a do-able trade for you:

Al to NO for the 12th pick and PJ Brown.

I think NO could really use a 3/4 like Al alongside David West. NO still has a another 1st rounder to spend on a project big if they like. PJ Brown is there to make the salaries work, but he's still a serviceable 4/5 for depth and has a expiring contract.

We get the 12th pick and take the best defensive big available from among Simmons, S Williams, O'Bryant, and Sene (perhaps). I'm gambling that at least one would be available, and at this pick I'm happy with any of them. Keep the 5 pick and get Roy or Foye, in that order I think.

We might be undervaluing Al a bit, but at least we get something in return. Maybe BK could squeeze another second rounder out of NO for another long-term Euro project.

JJ/Roy/Marvin/Smoove/Landlord sounds great!!

• Premium Member

Al + #5 + Marvin for KG.

I think Minny would do it in a heartbeat (if we choose the right player at #5)...

Minny's main thing now is to get value for KG. Value meaning young studs to replace him and create salary cap space in the process.

If Al signed for 6 yrs 55 million. Then getting this deal done would be piece of cake.

Atlanta would then have:

Lue, JJ, JSmoove, KG, and Zaza...

That combo could work.