• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting teams this offseason...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Seattle Supersonics While looking for a new owner, I think they will start the process of cutting salary. That means big salaries of Allen and Lewis are in Jeopardy. This is not a new story, but with the 10th pick in a weak draft, I can imagine that Seattle may look to move up in the draft and get a PG or a PF.

Golden State After years of losing this is what it comes to. A coach on his last leg. A player getting played big money but not producing (Dunleavy Jr.).. a player due for a big contract but has to stand in line to get it (MP3).. a lot of young players.. and one star player who seems unhappy with competition (JRich). I expect some major moves by Mullin. If I could make a suggestion, I would suggest that he sent Dunleavy to PTL for Miles maybe with an exchange of picks.

PTL They didn't fire Nash for nothing. I won't say that Nash was a bad GM, I will say that his hands were tied and he was asked to fight... Patterson has used his one scapegoat. Now I look for a lot of moves in PTL. Mainly, they will clear up the redundancy at the PG position. Then get a real Sg.. Hey, could somebody send that redundancy memo to BK?... Anyway. I think they will also lose Miles and probably go through with a Theo to NY trade. So that means that PTL will be in need of a C. Randolph is not safe either but nobody really wants him. Maybe the Hawks will take him..... I HOPE NOT.

Minny Or shall I say KG land. The golden gopher will continue to mess up his team. There's not many good moves that he has made so far and it doesn't look like there are any to come. His advisors have told him that he can't move KG.. no matter what... However, I think Minny fans will soon demand something. I was reading a Q & A with McHale yesterday and he basically said that he knows the window for KG is closing and he's paralyzed. Even if it was true, I wouldn't have said it. I think for Minny to get better, the golden gopher has to be exterminated...

Sandy: Carl I want you to kill all the gophers on the golf course

Carl : Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key.

Sandy: Not golfers, you great fool. Gophers. The *little* *brown*, *furry* *rodents*.

Carl : We can do that. We don't even need a reason.

Indiana They say they won't panic.. however, somebody is going. I know for sure that it's Jax... I think they're going to rid themself of Tinsley and probably Croshere (now that his contract is to the last year)..The biggest question is what about JO. I have conflicting stories from Bird. First he said that this was JO's last year... Now Walsh says " we're not trading JO." I don't know.. I think Bird will because of economic sense but we will wait and see.

Detroit What happens when Ben Wallace signs with somebody else? This is the question that Piston faithful must answer. I don't expect Dumars to make the highest bid for Ben. If Dumars will trade his one of his good friends for draft picks and 2 unknowns.. I don't think Ben has a chance. I think Dumars will definitely lowball Ben and Ben will probably use Atlanta for leverage... then we will see what each side is made of. Does Ben go to Atlanta when he finds that he is not going to get the max from Detroit. Does Atlanta want a 32 year old Pf who doesn't score for the max? Is there another team who could pay Ben as much as us?

Atlanta BK is on the run. We're all getting a little ansy over a 5 year plan... Namely because 5 year plans never work.

• Admin

Indiana: Walsh is good at what he does. All they have to do is put a competitive product on the floor and they will still sell tickets. Even if they don't get rid of JO, I see them beginning a rebuilding process, without actually rebuilding, this season. Walsh has done it twice in the last 10 years and kept his team respectable both times.

Detroit: I think detroit has more things to worry about than Ben. They lack depth and they lack defensive coaching. Their frontline will be competitive for several more years. But they won't be real contenders until they get the above items. Flip doesn't know how to coach D, it's not his specialty and never has been. They need someone who will focus on D and crack skulls when guys slack off. Keeping Ben is a priority though. I stand by it that he won't be leaving. But if something starts to happen, I expect to hear it before anyone else smile.gif

Quote:

Hmm, 5 year plans do pretty well in China.

Wow, you beat me to my joke. That's almost verbatim what I was going to say.