• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

whatifsports hoop dynasty

drzachary

I'm doing the Whatifsports.com Hoop Dynasty now. It's hilarious.. I'm recruiting for my school now, and some of the responses from, er, less than brilliant kids are great:

"my moms says where Norwich is ain't no better than are trailer park. course, i says the parties and the hunnies there gotta be better than this. i'd love to ball for you, but we're gonna need to here and see more.

Russell Grubbs"

Quote:

Sounds like you found your new Point Guard right there.

He's actually going to be my starting shooting guard.. He's literally within a mile of my campus, he's the best-rated athlete I've found (athleticism being the key ability for my fastbreak offense), and he ran both my offense and my defense (man-to-man) in high school!

This marginal-at-best prospect Christopher Crutchfield sent me a hilarious response:

"Props coach. You tell me more about Norwich and I'll tell you more about my off the chain skills. Your hole team couldn't stop me, so better keep in touch if want a chance. Welcome to the future.

Christopher Crutchfield"

I just got this email back from my assistant coach, who I sent to do an evaluation of SG prospect Lester Hine. There's a great line in it:

" Coach, just flew back from my evaluation visit of Lester Hine.

The trip was a nightmare, but what's new?

Anyway, knowing what I know about DIII basketball, here were some of the observations I jotted down as I watched him play:

- Superior defender.

- Works harder than most.

- Great speed at his position.

Primary offense: triangle

Primary defense: 2-3 zone

FYI, I saw him put up a shot over a double-team when he had two guys WIDE open. He reminded me of a slightly less hairy TeenWolf.

Overall, I think with some work, he'll be a solid Division III player.

Alfred Bass"