skaughtybee

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Is there an internet feed? I'm in Connecticut. If so, link me. thanks

Hey, I just saw your sig. Can I be the Secretary of War for the Solomon Jones fan club?

Sure but you have to inflict serious amounts of pain on all and any who do not proclaim Solomon as their leader. Either that or sick Crutchfield on them.

Quote:

Sure but you have to inflict serious amounts of pain on all and any who do not proclaim Solomon as their leader. Either that or sick Crutchfield on them.

I just signed Russell Grubbs this morning. I passed on Crutchfield.

Good interview thus far. I think its pretty apparent a promise was made even though Knight denies it. Hometeam and Dimino asked do you think its dumb to do gurantee a player knowing things could change....and knight said didnt think it was. Then they have some refrence about asking a girl to prom 2 weeks early and finding someone better later and kicking yourself and billy knight something to the effect of maybe you like the first one better. I dont expect knight to come out and admit anything but at the end of the day I think it probably wasnt the smartest thing to promise anyone anything. Drafts express's comments today on how the hawks are transparent in what they do seems to be accurate.

A couple other nuggets (paraphrased):

- We don't want a guard that will sit on the ball but can't shoot

- We need a guard that is large enough to play alongside our small guards (Lue and Salim)

- He made a large point about how JJ was getting double teamed and still averaged 6+ asssists

It seems that Speedy is out and he is referencing Mike James.

Billy also siad that he probably needs PR lessons. He is clearly aware of his image, and is trying (i think superficially) to improve it.

Scott

Quote:

A couple other nuggets (paraphrased):

- We don't want a guard that will sit on the ball but can't shoot

- We need a guard that is large enough to play alongside our small guards (Lue and Salim)

- He made a large point about how JJ was getting double teamed and still averaged 6+ asssists

It seems that Speedy is out and he is referencing Mike James.

Billy also siad that he probably needs PR lessons. He is clearly aware of his image, and is trying (i think superficially) to improve it.

Scott

Also, he said we tried to make a similar move as Boston to get a late 1st rd. PG but it didn't work out. He seemed to insinuate that we were not the prferred trading partner with Phoenix. He (obviously) wouldn't say the player he was seeking.

Sorry, I didn't take the promise leak that way at all. I think, from what I heard from Sheldon this morning, that one of Sheldon's friends said this to the media, but he had no idea what he was talking about.

About the real substance of the interview:

Says we do need a point! Guy needs to be big, able to shoot, and push the ball. He will have to be able to play along side Salim and Lue. He shouldn't sit there and "pound the ball into the floor".

Sounds like either Banks, Crawford or Livingston

Why we didn't take Dee Brown- we need more bigs because we only had Z last year. Brown doesn't fit what they are looking for.

We did try to do what Boston did with Phoenix for Rando. He said he didn't understand why Phoenix didn't trade with us, but it might be because it would be giving us the pick back.

You could tell he really has very little feel for what is neeed in terms of PR, but I am actually OK with that. As long as he gathers talent and puts a team together then great. He is trying though.

That's the highlights that I have. Anyone else with observations?