Loyalty: B-

Record: 0-0

WIS Rank: NR

Discipline: Moderate

Press Rank: 21

Coaches Rank: 20

Recruiting Budget: $33,000

Scholarships Available: 11

Looks like this might be Grubb's step brother...

"my moms says where Albright is ain't no better than are trailer park. course, i says the parties and the hunnies there gotta be better than this. i'd love to play for you, but we're gonna need to here and see more."

Raymond Stanley

1892.gif

Quote:

Looks like this might be Grubb's step brother...

"my moms says where Albright is ain't no better than are trailer park. course, i says the parties and the hunnies there gotta be better than this. i'd love to play for you, but we're gonna need to here and see more."

Raymond Stanley

1892.gif

Hahaha... fantastic!!!

1st Day of recruiting was yesterday and I signed 5 guys on the inital cycle.

3 DL

1 RB

1 WR

I have 6 scholarships left and running out of $$!! lol..hopefully today I will add a couple more targets of mine. Zach, w/ recruiting in Hoops, is it every 3 hours you get mail from your asst coaches/targets? Normally during the night I roll over to get a sip of whatever it is next to my bed, but the last 2 nights, I actually get out of bed just to go to WIS to check my 2:30/5:30am updates from recruits. Can you say....ADDICTED?

Quote:

1st Day of recruiting was yesterday and I signed 5 guys on the inital cycle.

3 DL

1 RB

1 WR

I have 6 scholarships left and running out of $$!! lol..hopefully today I will add a couple more targets of mine. Zach, w/ recruiting in Hoops, is it every 3 hours you get mail from your asst coaches/targets? Normally during the night I roll over to get a sip of whatever it is next to my bed, but the last 2 nights, I actually get out of bed just to go to WIS to check my 2:30/5:30am updates from recruits. Can you say....ADDICTED?

Hahha yeah.. I got up at 2am/5am too, just to hear what Russell Grubbs had to say.

So far, R-Grubbs has been great.. Lester Hine has been awful (but I promised him a starting job.. oops!)

So I come home to this response from Vincent Rodrigues

"Props coach. You tell me more about Albright and I'll tell you more about my off the chain skills. Your hole team couldn't stop me, so better keep in touch if want a chance. Welcome to the future"

Pretty cocky for a Kicker eh? grin.gif

Recruiting ends tomorrow and I've signed 9 guys to scholarships with 2 more to fill and $769 to do so.

Of the 9 I signed, I spent $15,810 on them ( $1756 per recruit avg )which means I spent $16,421 on guys who didnt sign with me ( what a waste but I learned alot so its ok ).

I am still trying to sign that kicker and then I am looking to add more depth whether its a DB/LB/OL. My OOC schedule is rough. I am ranked #21 in the Nation and start off with the #19 team & then the #6 team before playing my conference schedule. I'm hoping to split the OOC games but of course winning both would be nice.

I have one scholarship left to offer and there are 2 recruiting cycles left and I am torn between a LB & a TE. I have $654 remaining and I can use depth at both spots. I am going to offer both a scholarship and see which one takes it first. As of now I am leaning towards the TE but he also has the ability to go DII so to back myself up, I have to offer 2. Watch both guys burn me. The joys of recruiting...

Recruiting ends in 1hr 10mins and my target emailed me a couple responses with his last one being...

"Things are pretty up in the air for me right now, Coach. Is there anything else I should know about Albright?"

I have $514 left so I am going to invest $390 of it into him and offer someone else a scholarship/phone call. First come, first serve...I am nervous!!

Well I pushed hard for my TE and then made an offer to a LB and here is what they said...

Tony Costa, TE: Coach, thanks for the scholarship offer, but I've decided that Albright just isn't the place for me. It has always been my dream to follow in my dad's footsteps and play at his alma mater. I'm going to try and walk-on there. Sorry.

Russ McNeil, Asst Coach: It looks like Wayne Campbell couldn't be sold on our program, Coach. He just informed us that he has decided to try his luck as a walk-on at a more 'prestigious' football program.

So both guys burned me. I signed a different TE who I'll end up cutting.

There is a user called "paranoid" who does rankings for every recruiting class. He is very well respected in the Gridiron Community and he released his rankings today.

I finished #71 overall out of 228 teams and I had the 3rd best recruiting class in my conference. Overall I am pleased with this result, as a 1st year coach I didnt have the highest of hopes. I learned alot though and look forward to applying what I learned to the next recruiting year.

I took over a young team so I was able to add some depth and out of my 11 recruits, all but 2 of them will be red shirting this season. My star recruit, Joshua Vinson will be my 3rd string/emergency QB and I have a RB named Jack Randall who will be my 3rd string/short yardage back as he is in the mold of a Jerome Bettis. A bruising back who should excel in my power running game. My 1st game is sunday against the 19th ranked team in the Nation. I'm hoping to win b/c the following week, I play the #9 team in the nation.

DOH! I dropped to #26 in the Preseason Media Poll and to #28 in the Preseason Coaches Poll. My 1st opponent dropped to #20 in the Coaches Poll and #23 in the Media Poll.

Game 1 is officially in the books as the unranked Albright Lions traveled to the #21 ranked Redlands and lost their season opener 24-7. The Albright rushing attack failed to show up, rushing the ball 29 times for a total of 55yds. On the other side of the ball, the Lions rush defense was just as bad surrendering 281yds and 3TD. It doesnt get any easier for the Lions as they host their home opener next versus the 6th ranked Curry Colonels (1-0). Curry is coming off a huge win which showed them put up 86pts and close to 500yds rushing. The Lions will need to show alot of improvement controlling both lines of scrimmage as they brace themselves for their next game. Mark Chatman, the sophmore quarterback was the team's lone bright spot, connecting on 11 of 11 passes for 127yds and a Touchdown. Albright is a 14.5pt underdog this week.

Would of been a smart move. I lost 30-7. I actually thought I was going to get beat worse but although my game plan was not perfect, it was solid. His team has way better talent then mine. Conference play starts tomorrow so I am glad my brutal OOC is over with.

Actually the team I took over was pretty decent. I just stink. They are coming off an 11-2 season and the guy who coached them before me was 39-4 with them over the last 3 years with 2 conference championships. Unfortunately for me, my OCC was hard having to go against 2 ranked teams. The previous owner has been very cool. We site mail each other all the time and he is pretty much showing me the ropes. Now I am in conference play so we'll see how it goes. I am a 14.5 favorite my next game which is in 5hrs and change. Go Lions!

Halftime of the Conference Opener @ Wilkes.

Wilkes - 0

Albright - 42

Albright Passing - 15/21 187yds 4td

Albright Rushing - 16 carries for 124yds & 2td

Albright Passing Defense - 9yds allowed on 2/11 passing

Albright Rushing Defense - 44yds allowed on 17 carries