• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Did Sekou hint the Al result?

mountain_jim

this post in ajc was earlier than the espn news on speedy

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...draft_syst.html

Quote:

Now that I’m done ranting about the draft let me go ahead and get to free agency. The Hawks dove in head first Saturday, offering Sam Cassell a reported two-year, $13 million deal (I was told Sunday that they actually were willing to up as high as $16 million) only to see Sam-I-Am turn them down to stay in LA. Next up is Speedy Claxton, who is younger, probably a bit cheaper per season and probably a much better fit for the future beyond the 2006-07 season.
The only thing left is to get a deal with Speedy done as soon as possible, I’m hoping it’s wrapped up before the middle of the week. And then they can move on to the business that is sign-and-trading Al Harrington for some much needed help (another PG and another big). This also could be completed before you’re done feasting on those 4th of July leftovers.

Quote:

this post in ajc was earlier than the espn news on speedy

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...draft_syst.html

Quote:

Now that I’m done ranting about the draft let me go ahead and get to free agency. The Hawks dove in head first Saturday, offering Sam Cassell a reported two-year, $13 million deal (I was told Sunday that they actually were willing to up as high as $16 million) only to see Sam-I-Am turn them down to stay in LA. Next up is Speedy Claxton, who is younger, probably a bit cheaper per season and probably a much better fit for the future beyond the 2006-07 season.
The only thing left is to get a deal with Speedy done as soon as possible, I’m hoping it’s wrapped up before the middle of the week. And then they can move on to the business that is sign-and-trading Al Harrington for some much needed help (another PG and another big). This also could be completed before you’re done feasting on those 4th of July leftovers.

If so - what makes sense? Please not an awful contract from GS!

Like someone mentioned. If Chicago really does covet Murphy, somehow a 4-way with us and New Orleans, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Basically-

NOH gets Chandler

GS gets Harrington

CHI gets Murphy

ATL gets PJ Brown / prospect and/or 1st

The last lines of his column make you think he knows what's up but is not at liberty to say. "This also could be completed before you’re done feasting on those 4th of July leftovers."

But as the pieces fall into place with other teams, I think the advantage shifts to us given that other teams have limited cap space and Al is the next big thing on the FA list.

A big trade would be nice fireworks for Hawks.

Quote:

But as the pieces fall into place with other teams, I think the advantage shifts to us given that other teams have limited cap space and Al is the next big thing on the FA list.

The flip side is that as teams fill out their rosters it also narrows the list of potential destinations for AL which ultimately will decrease any leverage BK would have had if several teams wanted him.

What are we left with now? Indy - nothing of real value except picks. GS - bad contracts and, believe me, getting Ellis or Bryant is a pipe dream. The Lakers and T-Wolves might be darkshorses. Multi-team trades would offer another option - Bulls/Hornets...Sixers/Celts.