• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At least...

KZ3

We are getting the tough road games out of the way early. If we're gonna lose while we still suck, it might as well be to the best teams on the road, right? We'll have an easier schedule for the rest of the season while playing most of the good teams at home (NJ, LA, SAC, etc). Hopefully, by then, whatever problems it is that we're having will be rectified and it'll be doubly better because the schedule will be easier.

I agree, only I see tonight's game against the Bucks at home as key! They are one of our chief rivals for a playoff spot and we can't afford three bad games in a row. We were crap against Orlando but we had an excuse (5 games in 6 nights). We were also complete crap against the Nets in New Jersey (I was there and had to bury my head in my hands after the first half because I couldn't bear to watch any more) Luckily the fans in New Jersey are not as brutal as the fans in Boston (they were easy on me because I think they felt sorry for me) But tonight we are home and should be well rested. We have no excuses, we have to give a solid effort tonight or I may have to listen to hotatlantadude and his crap. Wish I could be there with you at Phillips tonight but it's snowing in Connecticut and I'll have to watch at home. Please cheer loud for me!!

I get upset enough with losses, now you are telling me that I need to be upset if we win? HA! Just kidding! But seriously, I won't be surprised if Big Dog has a big game tonight. He will have a LOT of big games if we put him in situations where he can be successful rather than trying to make him a ballhandler or a creator. If we get the ball to Big Dog in the right spots, he will give us that same consistent 20+ that he has been giving in this league since he was drafted. If we execute and take care of the ball, we will probably win. If we don't, we probably won't.

"He will have a LOT of big games if we put him in situations where he can be successful rather than trying to make him a ballhandler or a creator. If we get the ball to Big Dog in the right spots..."

After watching him play some of late (hard to get games in Nashville), it's readily apparent that a large part of it will rest on whether he WANTS to be that type of player - to have plays created for him rahter than try to create them off his own dribble.

It's obvious that many times, rather than pass the ball, Robinson opts to back his man down in the post and try a spin move or turn around J...tough shots that often lead to his turnovers...

I've said this before - part of the reason that he turns the ball over so much is that when trying either of the above moves, it is only after leaving the floor that he actually asseses whether or not he has a decent shot/ double team - so he's forced to pass the ball while in the air...and that's never a good thing.

Add that to his traveling (anyone know if you can lookup league leaders in traveling anywhere)...and you get the turnovers...

those things. I don't think the offense is designed to take advantage of Big Dog's strengths. Actually, I LIKE it when Big Dog sets up in the post, posts his man up and uses his spin move or fadeaway jumper. What I don't like is when he catches the ball at the top of the key or way out beyong the 3 point line and tries to take his man off the dribble. I also don't like it when he brings the ball up on the fast break. He is simply not a good ballhandler in the open court. If we get him the ball in the 15 foot range (or closer), he will kill his man. The further away from the basket he gets, the less effective he is.

The postup turnaround J is pretty decent - it generally works out. But - when it doesn't - we have a major problem - I'm quickly beginnign to think that Robinson is a black hole on offense - you pass it to him and it won't come back out. that leads to other guys forcing shots here and there, or not passing it to Glenn when they probably should, just in order to get theirs (not selfishly - just a shot now and again).

the spin move however is terrible. He's a worse ball handler than Reef. Like I said, I don't think he surveys the scene very well - and that ends up in his making the jump pass quite often - and we all know that's not a safe or effective pass. It will never turn into an assist and it often leads to turnovers - the best that it can accomplish is a resetting of the offense...and that's part of the reason JT's shooting the so poorly this year - when in doubt or unable to get a shot, everyone simply kicks to ball back out to him with 5 left on the shot clock - so he's forced to jack a three...

Besides teh turnover point - the problem with his forcing shots is this - everyoen else is out of position, playing 10 feet out or further, set up for offensive ball movements. Therefore, if a player forces a shot (and his does often in my opinion), no one is in position to rebound - so unless he's lighting it up, we can't offensively rebound...(even though we're ranked decently in this catagory statistically, Ijust don't see it in games).