• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A legitimate question of poor management

tmac13

The Spirit group has very good lawyers..The Spirit group are all educated successful businessmen..They had to have some idea of what the outcome could possibly be yesterday..Why didn't they push BK and AL's agent to move quickly, have all the possibilities lined up asap, so a deal could have been in place before the court date that would have to be consumated???..This is just another in a LONG line of examples where these guys are caught offguard and unprepared for the outcome..

Why should we have any confidence in these guys when they are so easily beaten and then caught with their pants down?

• Admin

I think you assume, and probably wrongly, that they had found a deal that they liked. Why would they rush to resign Al (which they can do at any time) and then trade him in a deal for players that they don't want? That's not unprepared, that's just refusing to make a bad deal. I don't blame them for that.

If there is any way to get that Orlando top 5 protected pick from Detroit, I'd love to.

Al Harrington

John Edwards

for

Antonio McDyess

Dale Davis

Orlando 2007 1st

I think McDyess could be a good mentor on the offensive end for Shelden and Josh.

No I don't assume anything other than the fact they had to know what might happen in court and they knew when they went to court..What I am saying, is that they knew the courtdate, they knew the possible outcome, and they should have been working with AL's agent around the clock to protect both sides from this possible scenario...Al, obviously wasn't prepared for this because it might cost him millions..He was quoted in the paper 3 days ago talking about how he wasn't in the Hawks plans, now Atlanta may be his only real option..Because the Spirit didn't plan on this outcome both the Hawks and AL are in a compromised position...There is no assuming in that..

• Admin

There were just too many possible outcomes to expect them to plan for the one that nobody ever imagined. I mean we'd heard of several of the possibilities. But this wasn't one of them. Heck it wasn't really even close to anything we'd seen proposed. From a team perspective, he put severe limitations on what they can do.

BK got on Cassell and then speedy ASAP. Hell we signed our second option 2-3 days into free agency. That's fast. I would assume that they tried the same with Al. The problem is Al needs to agree to a deal and they have to find the right deal. I'm sure Al was waiting to see what happenned with Wallace, as Chicago would have paid him if they didnt get Ben.

I would agree if we hadn't acted on both cassel and speedy in the first two days, but we did. I think BK knew he needed to act fast.