• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Trade of the Day....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Nazr/Email to Chicago for Chandler/Crawford.

I think that this trade helps both squads. Chandler is a DNP and it sounds like Cartwright is not happy with him or Curry. Crawford is never going to play in front of Williams. So, we send Nazr who could be a really good piece for Chitown (back at Home) and Email who is salary cap relief next yr.

If Krause parts with Chandler and Crawford it will be for nothing less than a young player with All Star potential or a proven All Star. Nazr and E-Mail certainly don't qualify. Krause would ask for Reef in that deal at a minimum. [censored], he just traded Brand for Chandler straight up before last season. Now less than 2 years later, you want him to give Chandler AND Crawford to us for Nazr/E-Mail? Please! Krause would die before he would do that!

im not defending DIESEL's purposel, but...

Chicago does have the highest stock on NAZR MOHAMMED. If any team likes Mohammed, its the CHICAGO BULLS!

IMO- i dont think the Bulls would do if unless both Chandler/Crawford were seen as unproductive BUSTS or problems to the organization....

Crawford still hasnt done a thing in the NBA.. coming out of the NBA as a TALL POINT GUARD, hes accomplished as much as DAN DICKAU.

as for CHANDLER... i think Bulls like him more than Curry at this point, but im not so sure...

• Premium Member

I realize how much Chicago spent on Chandler last yr.

HOWEVER.

Just like Last yr, I heard the many "experts" here talk about how valuable Crawford was to CHicago?? " Oh, Krause would never trade Crawford unless he was getting a young star back"..

Look around.

Krause is giving the right to Crawford away to anyone willing to buy a season ticket.

Krause is familiar with drafting BUSTS. It sounds to me like Cartwright is saying that it is too much to bring Chandler up to his potential. Just like Crawford.

BUT Nazr has Value to CHicago. If Chicago had Nazr, with Nazr, Marshall, and Rose, Chicago would do a lot of winning. Forget all the things said about Nazr last yr. When it comes right down to it, he's still a 14/10 kind of C. For Chicago that would be huge. He's perfect to split time with Curry.

So again, look at Value. Not Chandler's value last yr. But his value now. His value is slipping day by Day because nobody wants to give up an allstar for a project. You guys are crazy for believing that any GM in their right mind would do such a thing.

how stupid would Krause look for trading away not one but TWO top 8 picks for a POTENTIAL 14/10 guy? Brand was a KNOWN 20/10 guy and he trade d him for Chandler straight up. You want Krause to give us Chandler AND Crawford for Nazr? Please!

In addition, you said: "Krause is giving the right to Crawford away to anyone willing to buy a season ticket."

That's baloney. Chicago could have had Mike Miller/filler for Fizer and Crawford and Krause said no. Other teams have made inquiries regarding Crawford but Krause's asking price is too high. Babs LOVES Crawford (considered taking him instead of DJ) and I'm sure if Krause were trying to give him away, Babs would make an offer.

As for your final comment, I DON'T believe any GM will give up an All Star for Chandler. That won't stop Krause for asking for one though and that is why Chandler definitely won't be going anywhere (and why Crawford might not be moved either). Unless Krause lowers his asking price, Chandler will remain with the Bulls and since Krause can't lower his asking price without admitting he made a mistake, look for Chandler to stay in Chicago.

Additionally, imo, part of the problem (in the lack of development of the two players) is that Chicago took a previously untraveled route - draftign TWO highschoolers in the same year and trying/ making the coach start both of them. That's just asking for [censored].

Kobe didn't start right away. TMac either. I dont' believe Garnett did. Then you want to throw two fo them into the starting lineup, expect the team to do decently poor (not horrible), and free agents to want to come play for them.

good thinking...

• Premium Member

Let's see...

Tony Battie was a 5 pick in the draft, he was traded to the Lakers for Nick Van Exel. Do you think that Denver was stupid for making that trade? How dare they trade a 5 pick in the draft for a soso PG.

In that same draft, Chauncey Billups was the 3rd pick of the draft. Boston traded Billups for Kenny Anderson. Do you think that they cried last yr when Anderson's play was one of the reason they made it as far as they did?

The Point.

Sometimes even players that are drafted High are subject to be traded if they are not working out. And right now, all indications are that Chandler is not really working out. He's playing behind Marshall and Fizer. He's got a lot to learn.

On the other hand, Krause really wanted Nazr last yr. I think that Krause still sees the value in nazr. You say that nazr isn't a 14/10 C, however, you haven't seen him play more than 27 mpg for a season either. If he plays 33 mpg, I bet that he can easily be a 14/10 C, maybe better. Last yr, he was a 10/7 C with 26.4 mpg on the log.

Nazr was our starting Center and was being backed up by Hanno for a large part of the season. The fact that he only played 26.4 mpg shows you that he wasn't earning any more time than that. If Nazr had played 30+ mpg last year, I'm sure he would have had better stats but when you lose time to Hanno at Center, it's because you are not getting the job done.

Brad Miller is AT LEAST as good as Nazr (probably better) and yet Krause was always looking to move him. Besides, just because Krause wanted Nazr as a backup Center for the exception doesn't mean that he is willing to trade a guy who taken #2 overall just last year for him. It's WAY to early for Chicago to give up on Chandler, regardless of what Cartwright thinks. If Cartwright doesn't straighten up and start playing those young guys, he's going to find himself out the door just like Floyd did.

Firstly - Miller is much better than Nazr - knows the game better, plays smarter. I'd say they're about even athetically, but Miller finds ways to board and has a MUCH better jumpshot.

On Cartwright - he's in a bind now isn't he? Probably should have talked to Floyd before taking the job. You can't put to highschoolers on the floor at the 3 and 5 or 4 and 5 and expect to win anything. It's commonly stated that big men take the longest to develop.

So should he "straighten up" and lose games, alienate his vets and make it impossible for Chitown to attract another free agent for years to come while playing a college team: Williams, Rose, Robinson, Chandler, Curry...that strikes fear in, well, no one.

Tough place he's in.

Nevertheless, Nazr's a solid bu center, and those are hard to come by in the L these days. I say keep him unless someone wants to make a truly fair trade - and then keep our fingers crossed that Hendu stays healthy and keeps on producing like he is.

He is in a no win situation. He is not going to win any more than Floyd did playing the young guys and if he plays the old guys, the young guys won't get any better, plus the Bulls will continue to lose 50+ games per year. Through in the fact that the triangle offense is a horrible fit for the personnel he has and what do you get? Well, you get the Bulls. Its amazing to me that Krause is allowed to run this franchise in the ground with no repercussions whatsoever. I think a new GM with no ego could come in there and have that team back in the playoffs in a couple of years but it won't happen while Krause is there because if he trades any of the young guys, he is admitting that he was wrong and he will die before he does that.

• Premium Member

OF Course Brad Miller is a good player. However do you think if Krause could have gotten Rose without giving up Miller, he would have done it. Jalen Rose is an allstar. Chicago really only gave up Miller and Artest to get him.

several things for Indy. One, they wanted a true Center so that they could move O'Neal to PF. Two, they wanted a SF who could defend and who didn't have to dominate the bal to be effective. Three, they wanted someone who could at least provide a portion of the scoring they would be losing by trading Rose. Four, they wanted to get rid of Rose because he and Isiah didn't see eye to eye. Getting Miller, Artest and Mercer for Rose has more than exceeded their expectations and was a great trade by a great GM. If Chicago had kept Brand, drafted Miller instead of Fizer and not made the Rose trade, they would look pretty good right now:

Miller/Curry

Brand/Marshall

Artest/Robinson

Miller/Mercer/Hassell

Williams/Crawford