• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WIS: Tarkanian recruiting woes thread

drzachary

I don't know if I could do worse than I did.

With my York (PA) team in the Tarkanian world, I zeroed in on two recruits to fill my two open slots. One was a deadeye shooting PG (I'd play him at SG) and the other was a versatile, rebounding SG (I'd play him at SF). Out of my $6500, I spent $3300 on one and $3000 on the other, and didn't sign either one. The SF I lost to someone in my conference (in Lascar's division.) The best part is: I spent a meager $100 offering a scholarship to a juco player I had never spoken to, and he took it. My last slot will be filled with a walkon player, as I have no money left.

Lascar, care to vent your woes here for all to see? smile.gif

man oh man did I get screwed. I had 6 scholarships. I signed 3 decent players and 2 scrubs. One of my top 2 targets, Bernard Lester, got me involved in a spending frenzy. I spent a total of $6,730 on him, and had about $1500 left that I was ready to spend on him today. The team I was competing with had 2 wins last year whereas I had 12. I thought it was in the bag. And then this morning I log in and he's signed with them.

Rutgers at Camden must die.

Bernard Lester must die.

Quote:

man oh man did I get screwed. I had 6 scholarships. I signed 3 decent players and 2 scrubs. One of my top 2 targets, Bernard Lester, got me involved in a spending frenzy. I spent a total of $6,730 on him, and had about $1500 left that I was ready to spend on him today. The team I was competing with had 2 wins last year whereas I had 12. I thought it was in the bag. And then this morning I log in and he's signed with them.

Rutgers at Camden must die.

Bernard Lester must die.

Ahhh...the joys of recruiting!