• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Salmons?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I don't know if what Salmons did was smart or not so smart.. But he is a man without a team right now. He opted out of a Toronto deal that would have paid him 23 million over the next 4 years. He wanted the Phoenix deal which would have paid him 22 million over the next 4 years. All in all, he is now a man without a team and without a deal. The question is... Is he that good?

One thing is for certain, his skillset is not something that is hard to find. Toronto immediately went after Fred Jones.

Is he worth locking yourself into a MLE for the next four to five years...where does he fit on this team? Does he expect to start? or even play SIGNIFICANT minutes in the backcourt?

I simply don't see how he diversifies or improves this team in any impactual way (is that a word). If Salim/Lue/others show their worth at all...then we don't need him, especially not for that money.

Seems that he screwed himself though...nice job on Philly taking a hard line.

• Premium Member

No..

I don't see him as a Hawk at all. In fact, I wonder if he will get a job in the league somewhere. I just noted how dumb it was of him to turn down Toronto as if he has something special about his game that everybody is jumping to get him.

• Premium Member

He turned down 4 year 23 million for 5 year 25.5 million. I don't know how the Toronto taxes would have effected his money... but I still think he missed a good opportunity and payday.

Quote:

Thanx for that.

I think it will be tough for him to beat out Kmart.

He's a folk legend there in Sactown.

He's the city's golden boy....NOBODY hates Kev...thats just how that story goes...he's like the love of everyone in Sac's life...it would severly disgust me if I weren't a fan myself