• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

(if rumors are true) Offseason: Success or Failure

TheDude

Silly thread when you have "fans" who would fine a way to complain about ANY move.

We needed some interior defense and a true point guard. What did we do? Drafted the best interior defensive player availalbe and signed a veteran PG. NOt just a veteran PG but one of the best on the market. You could argue that it's the most underrated acquisition all off-season.

But like I said, Fickle Fans will complain about anything and everything. ANd then when there is success they knew it all along.

Guest Walter

Quote:

We needed some interior defense and a true point guard. What did we do? Drafted the best interior defensive player available and signed a veteran PG.

We needed more creative thinking than that. SW MAY have been the "best interior defensive player available" but...

1) it took a top 5 pick to get him (dont' spend top picks on short, one dimensional players),

2) he isn't going to be a great defensive player in the pros (short, short arms, poor lateral quickness, robotic, simply a weak draft class for defensive bigs),

3) as a Pf he sits either JS or MW,

4) and he's 6' [censored] 7".

Fact is we needed more at both "needs" than we got because WE ARE A 26 WIN TEAM! Role players do not take a 26 win team anywhere. We still lacked a superstar IMO, but even if you don't agree with that we needed more talent than we got and regarding interior presence we needed it at a different position. Is that difficult? Tough. That's the GM's job. If you choose to draft repeatedly to fill the forward positions ONLY then you don't get a GD pass because somebody forgot to get a quality defensive presence at center preferably or your Pg is a career BU wihtout upside potential.

W

Walter is right on this one! Makes no sense with all the things we had going for us we get: Speedy, Shelden, Solomon and possibly Lazy Wright? Terrible. I don't care if we didn't draft Roy/Foye (My wants), but to not parlay that and AL? Dumb move. Sabotaged by ownership...possibly, but this is inexplicable.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Walter is right on this one! Makes no sense with all the things we had going for us we get: Speedy, Shelden, Solomon and possibly Lazy Wright? Terrible. I don't care if we didn't draft Roy/Foye (My wants), but to not parlay that and AL? Dumb move. Sabotaged by ownership...possibly, but this is inexplicable.

We could have traded Al before the season and like Portland we should have made our moves early. Honestly, just getting Roy (or Foye, as I liked him FAR better than SW) would have been making a move in this case, but I'm also speaking about thinking bigger like trading Chill and #5 for Bargnani. Also, if you know a court decision is coming up and you haven't already traded Al during the previous season, get on top of the Al trade. Package him with a young stud for a superstar. Work the phones. MW, JS, or ChillZ would peak some interest lalong with Al. Don't settle for mediocrity! Do some GD leg work, fast! Be bold. GET IT DONE!

A 26 win team can't lose it's 2nd best player, fill holes with career BU's with injury histories, 1-dimensional short, short-armed interior defenders who bench better young prospects, and add Lazy Lo and get any better? Just doesn't happen. If I'm JJ I am wonder exactly WTF I got myself into! He looks at this team, then sees Chris Paul and says WTF!?! Has too. He'll soon see the team and then see Roy and say the same. Gotta be kicking himself. Fellow olympians have to be feeling sorry for the guy. Not even joking with him. Actually pitying the guy. So much they can't even talk about it to him. They just say to each other. "JJ's such a good ball player. Too bad he's on such a poorly designed basketball team."

Sorry, but we had the most capitol of any team this offseason and we did the least with our respective capitol. Nothing excuses THAT, particularly when you know the court date was coming, it didn't stop most moves, and you had time to act prior to it being decided!

W