• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TRADE of the DAY

Diesel

• Premium Member

Portland sends Antonio Daniels, Charles Smith and Chris Dudley to Atlanta, and the Hawks send Portland Nazr Mohammed.

Atlanta would be getting, in AD, a guy who can step in and share the back court with Jason Terry. Daniels is not a pure PG, but he's big enough to guard most 2's and he can at least share ballhandling duties. Charles Smith MIGHT have some on-court value, but (like AD) both he and Dudley are FAs at the end of the season and the Hawks would be (at worst) clearing Nazr's contract out.

From Portland's perspective: more young big bodies is a good thing, they'd be giving up 3 guys they're not using, and a long-term deal is no sweat off of Paul Allen's back. Dudley might even be waived and make his way back to Portland before the season's out

but I'm glad we didn't considering that he has yet to play - I think Rod Thorn or Scott said that he's almost ready to play/ in game shape...can you imagine this board if he were somewhat depending a new guy only to find out that he'd gotten so fat in the offseason that he couldn't even play?

I really want another big guard that can handle the ball, play D, and hit an outside shot...other requirements like athleticism, rebounding, slashing would be nice, but honestly, the prior ones would make this team so much better...