• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiger galling apart

DrReality

The first time i saw Tiger in person was at the first round of the '96 Bellsouth. It was early and he was obviously struggling with his swing.

Just in the first 9 holes he hit two popups off the tee with his three wood, which good players hardly ever do. He was saved from going in a hazard by a nice bounce. On ten he hit it in the hay way left and almost went over the time limit of 5 minutes before someone found his ball.

I remember thinking that the way he was hitting it he would be lucky to finish in the top 20. Of course he won.

• Admin

In an era with the best overall field of talent the game has seen, he is so far above everyone else that it's almost not fair. There isn't anyone in the game with the combination of talent and mental toughness that he has.

Honestly I thought Vijay would be the one guy who could challenge him. He's got a great overall game and I think he's mentally there. But he's fallen off lately. For a guy who practices as hard as he does, that's surprises.

Mickelson is an overrated tub of [censored], IMO.

There are some young guys who are starting to make a name for themselves. Maybe one of them can be a legit challenger.

Quote:

There are some young guys who are starting to make a name for themselves.

Physically I would say Adam Scott is the closest to Tiger. Watching him in person he is very impressive off the tee.

However he needs to work on his short game. If he had the short game of one of my old teamates at Md he would be scary.

He also doesn't seem all there mentally.