• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I had my Keeper League Draft Last Night

Guest Riv

12 Team Keeper League, $250 per team. Live Draft ( not an online one )

My keeper was Peyton Manning ( I had no one else worth keeping ). I had the #5 pick.

QB - Peyton Manning - Duante Culpepper

RB - Ronnie Brown - Ruben Droughns - Laurence Maroney - Marion Barber III

WR - Torry Holt - Randy Moss - TJ Houshmanzadeh - Troy Williamson - Mark Clayton

TE - Ben Watson - Leonard Pope

K - Jeff Reed - Olindo Mare

D - Miami - New England

I have no depth at RB but I like Maroney alot since its a keeper. I'll be set if Dillon goes down or Julius Jones for that matter ( very possible both will get hurt ). Daunte is excellent trade bait b/c QBs get 6pts a TD.

• Moderators

Very nice roster and both Moreney and Barber are great keeper possibilities.

We had our auction draft last night in our money league ($120/team) and we had some great keepers but not a lot of money to spend. We kept Alexander, S.Jackson, B.Westbrook, Gates, J. Delhomme (we traded Duckett for him prior to the draft), and Roy Williams (we have 3 individual defensive players). We also took a cap hit for having to cut Ricky Williams who would have been a tremendous value if he hadn't flaked out and had been traded to somewhere like the Jets.

Our season is going to ride on the backs of some very questionable receivers with upside. We need to get two contributors out of J.Jurevisious, A.Bryant, Keyshaun and B.Lloyd. Our only "guaranteed" contributor is Javon Walker who we are hoping will rebound. We decided to get some depth of questionable receivers rather than blow all our money on someone like T.J. Houshman-dzadeh who should be good but if he underperformed would leave us without other viable options.

The only back we have past this season is Jackson so I could see us trading Westbrook for a stud WR at some point, but I hate giving up RB depth because an injury can kill you and nearly every potential RB is on someone's bench. Guys like Moreney went for $21 in our draft. We came into the draft with $85 to spend and needing to draft all our WRs, our K, 2 IDPs and all our bench so it wasn't a lot to work with!

I like Keyshawn alot this year. I was about to draft him and he went the pick before me. I'm not expecting monster #'s from him but I do expect a very solid year playing alongside Steve Smith.

• Moderators

I am pretty amazed in your draft that you were able to get Brown, Holt, Moss and Droughns in the first four rounds of your draft - especially after players had already been kept. That is some very good value.

• Moderators

Quote:

I only kept 1 player so that allowed me to get Brown, Holt & Moss in the supplemental portion of the draft.

Does the supplemental portion of the draft mean that you get to select from every draft eligible player? If so, I can see why you wouldn't want to keep anyone but that absolute premium players.

That's a solid looking team!

**Can't complain about Manning and Culpepper looks like a sleeper.

**I like the young studs at RB with Brown and Maroney and Brown and Droughns should be good this year.

**Holt and Moss!!! Unless you start 3 wr I don't see how it could get a whole lot better. Lots of depth with Housh and co.

**Watson is looking better as the main TE and Pope should've gone much higher than he did in the NFL Draft. Plus they're both GA boys.

**Kickers are kickers.

**NE is always well coached so I like their D.

My rbs last year were Duece McCallister/Brian Westbrook/Priest Holmes/Jerome Bettis and obviously none were worth keeping. 1 guy had both Holt & Moss last yr and let both go to keep Fitzgerald & Braylon Edwards.

• Moderators

Quote:

My rbs last year were Duece McCallister/Brian Westbrook/Priest Holmes/Jerome Bettis and obviously none were worth keeping. 1 guy had both Holt & Moss last yr and let both go to keep Fitzgerald & Braylon Edwards.

What an idiot. Keeping Fitzgerald I can at least respect but keeping Edwards over Holt and Moss? What a tool.

I agree fully and I couldnt be more happier with his decision. He is a huge Michigan homer and went to school there. Never go with your heart in fantasy football. Hell, I make it a rule where I dont draft any Steelers ( fave team ) unless its a situation where I cant pass it up.