• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Machinist

Plainview1981

Anyone seen this? Watched it last night and I was amazed. I for one haven't considered Christain Bale to be as underrated as other people mainly because he lacks abit in charisma...

But his dedication to this film is clearly seen. For one, it must have been so tough to get down to that size. It's just crazy! Looks like he didn't even weigh 100 pounds.

Secondly, his acting as pretty good for the most part. He does again suffer from a bland personality.

It's ashame that his dedication went to a film that was underwelming at the end. I mean, I did like the movie, but the end was kind of a letdown.

One thing that kind of bit at me is that the title suggests that Christians workplace will be a important part of the picture, but it turns out to have nothing to really do with it.

The Machinist was a great movie! Definitely a nice surprise, since I picked it up because I figured I haven't seen Christian Bale act since American Psycho (didn't watch the new Batman) and I really liked him in that. Yeah, he does tend to have a bland demeanor but I think it works with the characters he plays. And as far as his weight, he trimmed down to about 100 pounds just to get cast into the movie! That's some dedication for ya.