• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

why the Hawks won't make the playoffs

hds428

I think it is a good trend to see good young assistants do well when they get their chance to head coach. I really liked EMuss, and I feel he was a big reason the Hawks kept themselves together late last year. Sometimes, the improvements a team makes doesn't necessarily show up in their record.

You guys are the only team in the league that has had the same 5 start all year long, aren't you?

... and one of Musselman's small successes has been using that as a carrot-and-stick tactic.

Twice this year he's rattled the saber of "we might have to change the starting lineup." Each time, he's gotten the results he wanted and kept the lineup unchanged.

There has been a recurring season-long problem of the starters (especially Arenas & Richardson) coming out tentative and falling behind in the 1st quarter. Musselman rattles the saber, specifically noting Sura's return from injury and how well Boykins is playing... and in the last two games, GS has come charging out of the gates, opening up 10- or 15-point leads in the first several minutes.

The best thing is, each time he gets results like this, it makes the players buy into what he's preaching that much more.

Guest Walter

I guess you think Stevenson will help JT with running the point should he not adjust to playing the point and do so well, consistently. JT is not a fit in Utah (they already got their Pg understudy in that overseas Pg out for the year) and your suggested deal (unless that 1st rd pick were somehow top 10) is not enough to get Miller over another team.

I mean, really, how alike is JT to Stockton? While it is not necessary for a Pg to be like Stockton to be successful, in Utah Stockton has established a certain level of success his style brings within Utah's system. If you find JT's is very much NOT like Stockton, then you find that he not only isn't to be so helped by Utah's system, he may be hurt by it relative to another team's (not necessarily ours under Lon or Stotts) system.

W