• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ownership Update

OGRat

• Moderators

The fairness and loss of $$ arguments seem worthless to me. The best argument in my view from that article is that the judge read into the contract a term that wasn't there when he allowed Belkin to have control over picking the second asessor based on a "first in time, first in right" condition that wasn't written in the contract.

The argument that the AS would lose a lot of money and it would be unfair if the court rules against them doesn't carry much weight in a contract dispute.

AS is calling the circuit court judge's ruling "erroneous and illogical"...well that might work, but they better hope all the judges in question don't play golf together.

The good news is that this may not drag out a couple more years after all.

But even if Belkin wins we should be fair with the guy. Remember, he approved the JJ deal, he approved the max $$, he approved the first round draft pick as part of the deal, he only balked when they wanted to throw in TWO first round picks (plus Diaw of course). Chances are if they had gone along with Belkin's reasoning we would still have JJ and we would also have our own first round pick this year.

OK...I'm ready...fire away smirk.gif

Point is the Suns were going to MATCH! That is why we had to give up more if we wanted JJ. And its obvious JJ is going to be a superstar type of player. The guy can do everything! So it was worth it considering Phx. just traded one of our picks this past draft for cash to pay all their bloated contracts. I could care less about Diaw because I believe he wouldn't succeed the way he has on any other team but Phx. So it basically boils down to us giving one more 1st rounder to get JJ. Point is we had to sweeten the deal because Phx. knew JJ was a great talent and were going to match any offer.