• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Not Overstate This

thesheedera

I can foresee a lot of people using Marvin's injury as an excuse for a poor start. As excited as I have been about seeing him progress this season, to say that he was slated in as our #2 option behind JJ is over the top. We should be HOPEFUL that he could fill that role, but its not realistic to EXPECT him to be ready for that, injury or no injury.

Losing Marvin early is a big blow to the momentum we've been building this offseason, but we have some much depth at SF that this shouldn't keep us from winning games early on.

I just hate to see A) excuses being made for the team because he'll be out and B) posters heaping more of a burden on Marvin than he was realistically expected to carry.

Josh Smith and Zaza wewre just as likely, maybe even moreso, to be the #2 scoring option, and Speedy is no dud either.

being the BU 2/3 and being just as productive.

MW's isn't better now than Childress is now. The hope with MW is that his versatility and upside will make him a considerably better player. That wasn't going to happen in the next few weeks.

In the meantime we get to see how the remaining guys play together.

I too don't want to see anymore excuses made. Injuries happen. We're more than prepared for one at the forward positions. I hate this happened to MW now or any time, but it would be worse for us if Speedy or ZaZa were the ones injured now as those positions are otherwise not well manned.

W

You both have great points don't get me wrong. I'm just shocked and saddened that nothing ever goes right for our Hawks. We have the worst luck of any franchise in the NBA.

I actually hope they move Chill into the starting lineup at SF and keep Smoove at PF since that is where he will have to move anyways once Marvin comes back. Bring the Landlord off the bench to man a lot more minutes than expected at the forward spots and keep Lo Wright backing up Zaza at the 5. That way we only have to make one switch when Marvin comes back and that is to move Chill back to being a backup. Chill was a #6pick and deserves a chance to start and now he has it. Who knows maybe Chill can come in and surprise us all. The KEY still is for Speedy to stay healthy and man the PG position. He will make everyone better on this team.