• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Low Down

Swatguy

I suspect right about now (even now), Woody is in Smoove's ears. Josh has to come forward and stand accountable. In this time he cannot alibi bad play, he Has to produce. This is the time for his development and maturity to increase and display.

If Smoove was slated to start at the 4, he still should be. The rotation should not change with the exception of Chillz in for Marvin. Salim and Lue get more time in the 2. I suppose. This by design, Marvin will return and Smoove will be a better player, Chillz will be better players. Marvin then, will have to work harder to get his minutes.

Quote:

I suspect right about now (even now), Woody is in Smoove's ears. Josh has to come forward and stand accountable. In this time he cannot alibi bad play, he Has to produce. This is the time for his development and maturity to increase and display.

If Smoove was slated to start at the 4, he still should be. The rotation should not change with the exception of Chillz in for Marvin. Salim and Lue get more time in the 2. I suppose. This by design, Marvin will return and Smoove will be a better player, Chillz will be better players. Marvin then, will have to work harder to get his minutes.

I agree totally, except the part about Childress possibly going into the starting lineup.

Right now, I don't think Josh is ready to be a full time PF in this league. We may be better off starting Shelden, then moving Smoove to PF once Childress enters the game. Whether Chill starts or not will probably depend on how this team can function offensively.

We know that JJ, Smoove, and Speedy will be a big part of the offense to start games. ZaZa will be a factor as well. But all of those guys will have to play extremely well to start games.

I say keep Childress on the bench, but possibly play him when the game is on the line. Chill is the guy that usually keeps the Hawks offense afloat when the 2nd teamers enter the game. If we keep Shelden on the bench, we'd probably be a Lue-Salim led offense when the bench players were in. That's not necessarily a good thing.

And so much for JJ having his minutes reduced. He'll probably have to play 38+ minutes a game, until the rest of the team and Smoove prove that they can handle the increased responsibilities.

Quote:

I say keep Childress on the bench, but possibly play him when the game is on the line. Chill is the guy that usually keeps the Hawks offense afloat when the 2nd teamers enter the game. If we keep Shelden on the bench, we'd probably be a Lue-Salim led offense when the bench players were in. That's not necessarily a good thing.

And so much for JJ having his minutes reduced. He'll probably have to play 38+ minutes a game, until the rest of the team and Smoove prove that they can handle the increased responsibilities.

Well let's see. I like Smoove defending Webber. Webber likes to avoid the paint. As far as Iguodala, I'd rather have Chillz defending him than Smoove (lateral movement reasons). Even I like JJ on Iguodala and Chillz on Korver. Game by game starters can vary and will. In fact I don't mind Lo on Webber to start if so, Smoove on Korver is the advantage.

I trust Woody will make the adjustments.

Quote:

Well let's see. I like Smoove defending Webber. Webber likes to avoid the paint. As far as Iguodala, I'd rather have Chillz defending him than Smoove (lateral movement reasons). Even I like JJ on Iguodala and Chillz on Korver. Game by game starters can vary and will.
In fact I don't mind Lo on Webber
to start if so, Smoove on Korver is the advantage.

I trust Woody will make the adjustments.

don't underestimate C-webb. he's still a 20-10 guy on most nights. I think we'd need smoove or even shelden on him do be able to shut him down