• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ga Tech basketball

DrReality

Coming off a lousy season and have reloaded with some very interesting young guns. They have the type of athletes that can play tough defense. Gotta have someone to run the point.

Problem is . . . . several other ACC teams got some great blue chippers as well. You guys got any preditions?

Actually they have a great point guard in Matt Causey, problem is he cant play until next year. Causey went to East Hall High here in Gainesville and played at Georgetown his freshman year under Craig Esherick I believe. He then left to play at North Georgia, and has now transferred to GT. because of the transfer, he loses a year of eligibility. Very smart, complete player.

From the AJC:

Asked about the impact of freshmen Javaris Crittenton and Thaddeus Young, Hewitt said, “They’re both very talented players. So is [freshman] Zach Peacock, and Mouhammad Faye is essentially a freshman. I think [freshman] Brad Sheehan is going to be very good as well, but physically he has to develop.”

Young is the guy they say hung the moon while Crittenton is supposed to be their new pg. I was intrigued by the comments about Faye. Read somewhere that Hewitt never saw him play but had a scout call up and tell him this kid could play. Had never met him until he got off the plane. Hewitt reportedly was pleased with what he saw. Sounded like a smaller version of Sene.

Glad to hear about the kid from Hall. They need as many athletes as they can get the way the play balls to the wall. Hopefully by tourney time they'll be ready to make a run for it.

Hewitt has put together a hell of a team. They may not all be in the top ten nationally, but he's got some of the best that will play FOUR YEARS IN COLLEGE. Tech's recruits as listed nationally:

Alade Aminu:: Ranked as high as No. 50 among the nation's seniors (and the No. 5 center) by The Insiders.com

D'Andre Bell:: Ranked No. 110 in the nation by Athlon Sports

Matt Causey::Was rated the 69th-best player in his class by ScoutHoops.com in 2003, 77th by Rivals.com ... Named the Gatorade Georgia Player of the Year in 2003. All-Peach Belt Conference in 2005-06 at North Georgia ... Averaged 23.3 points and 6.6 assists, leading the Peach Belt in scoring

Lewis Clinch::... Rated the 27th-best prospect in the United States by TheInsiders.com and No. 36 by Rivals.com ... Athlon Sports ranked him No. 10 in the country among shooting guards

Javaris Crittenton:: the McDonald's All-America, Rated as high as No. 6 nationally (Hoop Scoop) and was the top-rated point guard in the country according to Rivals, No. 3 by Scout.com Rated as high as No. 6 nationally (Hoop Scoop) and was the top-rated point guard in the country according to Rivals, No. 3 by Scout.com

Ra'Sean Dickey::Ranked No. 26 nationally by PrepStar National Courtmaster rankings, No. 28 by Mike Sullivan in The Sporting News, No. 42 by The Insiders.com and Clark Francis in Basketball Times ... Ranked No. 55 nationally by RivalsHoops and No. 16 among power forwards

Anthony Morrow::Ranked No. 50 nationally by PrepStar National Courtmaster rankings, No. 42 by The Insiders

Zach Peacock::Ranked No. 134 (27th-best power forward) among 2006 high school seniors by Rivals.com

Jeremis Smith::Ranked No. 44 nationally by PrepStar National Courtmaster rankings ... Ranked No. 39 nationally by RivalsHoops and No. 6 among players at his position

Thaddeus Young::Five-star prospect from Mitchell High School in Memphis, where he was coached by Jerry Johnson ... Named to the McDonald's All-America team and was a second-team Parade All-American ... Ranked as high as No. 3 by Rivals and Lindy's prior to his senior year, No. 6 overall following his senior year by PrepStars.com ... Considered by Rivals to be the nation's No. 3 small forward

• 2 weeks later...

Their game against Memphis was the most dramatic I can remember in some time. We couldn't do anything right the first half and then the table turned the second. Memphis stunk the gym up until about four minutes to go. Our team show a lot of maturity and didn't give up. That kind of game will be very helpful when we get to the ACC. Go Tech.

whew! what a comeback! i wasn't too concerned with our 19pt deficit, considering we were shooting 17% at one point and memphis was drainin 3's left and right. they (memphis) fell in love with the 3 and it hurt them in the 2nd half. it seemed memphis was allowed to be extra physical in the first half while we picked up numerous ticky-tack fouls.

props to hewitt for handling everything with class (as always). calipari was whining ALOT, especially after we took the lead. i like how hewitt called that timeout right after we took the lead, when j-critty forced a shot early in the shot clock. i like the heart and fight in this team. these kids are relentless!

Ditto the heart and fight. I am totally amazed that Jeremis Smith is able to do what he does. A lot of the guys have several inches on him and he muscles in there and does his thing.

Also, Faye seems to be a sleeper. Got a lot of feistiness to him. Great experience for these young guys and the game tonight should be tough. Better to be tested now becasue you know it is coming with the ACC schedule.