• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

my thoughts and review of Hard Candy

Plainview1981

Hard Candy stars Ellen Page as Heyley, a 14 year old girl who is sought out by a fashion photographer named Jeff (Patrick Wilson) to do a some shoots at his house and maybe something more. What Jeff doesn't know is that young Heylay isn't quite as nice and innocent as she first appears.

After some small talk at a coffee shop they head to Jeff's place to get down to business... Here Heyley would unleash an unexpected attack that would tear down Jeff's outer personality and expose him for what he truly is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hard Candy is a thriller that can get displaced by some people. As a horror film, it fails to truly give you an scares, and there's not alot of gore to speak of. It likely will come off as it's strongest if you go in expecting a thriller instead. If you watch the special features, I think you will find that this movie delivers on what the directors and writers intended.

The movie aims to give you some mixed emotions of the characters and the actions they take. Is Jeff really guility of all this? Is Heyley right to about getting answers in this manner? There is a good chance that you will find yourself going back and fourth on this issues.

That together with the strong performances helps make this film worth watching. Moreover, the movie never lets you lose focus on what's happening, and the movie understands where the lines is between an indie film and a mainstream film. At times toward the end it flirts with that line, but it never truly crosses it.

I'd suggest giving it a watch. Don't watch it expecting an extreme hardcore movie in the horror movie manner, but let yourself get caught up in the dialogue and emotion that the film has. If you do that, I think most will enjoy this one.

7/10