• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Borat??

Popeye

Quote:

Two words to describe it: hilarious / disturbing.

I laughed my a$$ off but that one extended scene...I have been trying to forget it...the movie is worth seeing!

I am fairly certain I know the one to which you refer...

Quote:

Quote:

Two words to describe it: hilarious / disturbing.

I laughed my a$$ off but that one extended scene...I have been trying to forget it...the movie is worth seeing!

I am fairly certain I know the one to which you refer...

from what i've heard the movie is predicated upon making fun of Americans.

if that be the case i'll pass.

Quote:

What a retarded comment. Can't take a little self criticism?

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Did you guys see that two of the racist frat boys are suing now? I don't know why they're wasting their time, they signed releases.

lol...they are suing??....were'nt they from Uni. of S.Carolina?...wow, those guys were FRATASTIC!.....hands down the funniest movie ever.....period....people were walking out during the wrestling scene and when he went into the church i thought, oh no, here it comes...luckily he just made you think that....when he started throwing $$$ at the jews that "transformed" into cockroaches i lost it.....u know they are going to start filming "BRUNO" his 3rd alter-ego this summer....Universal bought it for 43 million.....haha...and people think Borat crossed the line....wait till Bruno!

Quote:

Quote:

What a retarded comment. Can't take a little self criticism?

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Did you guys see that two of the racist frat boys are suing now? I don't know why they're wasting their time, they signed releases.

i haven't seen it obviously, i'm going on hear say.

i guess you could liken it to Dave Chappelle making fun of black people? confused.gif

In a way I suppose. Although for what it's worth Cohen is british, not american. It's more like Jay Leno making fun of Americans in his JayWalking bits.

It's Cohen doing what he does best, saying idiotic things and getting real idiots/bigots to reveal their secret thoughts. He makes fun of the large number of idiots in America, not America as a whole. This movie could be made in any country. I was not offended in the least. Although the nudity was a little excessive ... :grin He also makes fun of Kazakhstan in an over the top way which is not to be taken seriously.

Just trust me, go see this movie. If you are not overly sensitive, you will laugh your ass off.

Quote:

In a way I suppose. Although for what it's worth Cohen is british, not american. It's more like Jay Leno making fun of Americans in his JayWalking bits.

It's Cohen doing what he does best, saying idiotic things and getting real idiots/bigots to reveal their secret thoughts. He makes fun of the large number of idiots in America, not America as a whole. This movie could be made in any country. I was not offended in the least. Although the nudity was a little excessive ... :grin He also makes fun of Kazakhstan in an over the top way which is not to be taken seriously.

Just trust me, go see this movie. If you are not overly sensitive, you will laugh your ass off.

Cohen is an artist. What's he's doing is the most important thing in the fight against anti-semitism in recent years.