• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another lost season

Plainview1981

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

holy smokes! our 2 best players are out (jj and chill), marvin is just coming back from a broken hand, speedy is hobbling around, and we're still 8-12. how is that a lost season? when jj and chill get back, we're a .500 team i'd say.

i agree that this team has bad coaching. i say this because the effort and execution are inconsistent. also the x's and o's and substitutions don't put us in winning positions, and we always seem to blow leads and lose close games.

i think a .500 season isn't a lost season, as that's plenty to get us in the playoffs.

It's a whole line of excuses. My point is that it's ALWAYS something. Every year there is excuses. The bottomline is that the Hawks never get the job done. Next year they'll be more excuses and reasons why the team is a failure.

8-12? The team has won 4 of it's last 15 games. The 4-1 start really doesn't reflect anything but some luck. Heck, The Suns and Mavs sucked at the start of the year. Doesn't mean anything now does it?

No only that but all teams have injuries. We got our ass kicked by a kobeless Lakers team and a Seattle team without Ray Allen

It's not just that the Hawks have lost... But they've been blown out in 5 of the last 7 games. Even when you have players missing that doesn't excuse getting blown out on a nightly basis.

Look how the Lakers do without Kobe.... Luke Walton looks like good player with Phil's coaching. You think that Luke Walton would look good as a Hawk? He'd look like the bum that he is.

Good coaching at times makes inferior players look better. I don't anybody that has really improved under Mike Woodson.

Josh Childress has pretty much been the same player since day 1... Josh Smith has actually regressed on he offensive end. Diaw busted here. If Mike Woodson was a real coach he wouldn't allow Josh to keep taking shots that he can't make.

The team will never really start to turn around until it gets a good coach.

all i'm saying is that 8-12 is not enough of a gauge to see where this team is. i mean if we would have won 3 more, we'd be 11-9 and then we wouldn't see the panic button.

as far as for being 4-1 and saying we were lucky, well that's just nonsense to me. how can you be lucky when you win, and then when we lose luck has nothing to do with it?

how about we wait til the new year and reevaluate where the team is, i think that'll be fair. i have, however, seen enough of this coach for 2.25 years to know he has to go.

...different?!?

This is a 34-35 win team as built IMO. Even if we get uber- healthy this will be approximately our outcome. Every team has injuries. You have to consider them in your expectations. Be glad none of them are season ending (although never telling with Speedy it seems), expect a few more, but as of yet we haven't near met our season quota of missed games.

Don't get too up or too down, but realize BK has designed a team that cannot be expected to (ever) contend for a title. So, if mediocrity is your want don't worry regardless of this season's outcome. If not, worry pretty much regardless.

W

Quote:

...different?!?

This is a 34-35 win team as built IMO. Even if we get uber- healthy this will be approximately our outcome. Every team has injuries. You have to consider them in your expectations. Be glad none of them are season ending (although never telling with Speedy it seems), expect a few more, but as of yet we haven't near met our season quota of missed games.

Don't get too up or too down, but realize BK has designed a team that cannot be expected to (ever) contend for a title. So, if mediocrity is your want don't worry regardless of this season's outcome. If not, worry pretty much regardless.

Don't you find it that it is the under 200 post crowd that come in here with that "we need time to grow" crap. Wait a couple of months. You will be pissed off like us.

W

Quote:

all i'm saying is that 8-12 is not enough of a gauge to see where this team is. i mean if we would have won 3 more, we'd be 11-9 and then we wouldn't see the panic button.

as far as for being 4-1 and saying we were lucky, well that's just nonsense to me. how can you be lucky when you win, and then when we lose luck has nothing to do with it?

how about we wait til the new year and reevaluate where the team is, i think that'll be fair. i have, however, seen enough of this coach for 2.25 years to know he has to go.

History comes into play... You know the Suns and Mavs aren't going to continue to suck because they've been good the last 3 or 4 years. But the Hawks? It's been a rough 8 years.

You can call it luck or a fluke... but that;s what it was. When you get destroyed like the Hawks have in 5 out of the last 7 games you know it;s not bad luck. You don't lose by 15-20 points because of bad luck.

Wow because # of post = Basketball IQ...

I'm sure many of who have under 200 post either have been fans of the Hawks longer, or know the team better. Perhaps if I had the time to type up 500 A.I. post a day then I'd know basketball and the Hawks a bit better? Surely that's how it works.

Quote:

Quote:

Don't you find it that it is the under 200 post crowd that come in here with that "we need time to grow" crap. Wait a couple of months. You will be pissed off like us.

I do not believe you just went there. Congratulations, you have entered the lowest level, the one that cares about post count.

That stuff goes on yearly. Billy Knight is the worst GM in pro sports.It's going to take more than have a low cap number to prove otherwise.

I can't believe they signed Speedy.. Should have went for Tinsley in the Harrington deal. Tinsley hasn't had a great season, but 12.5PPG 6.3APG 41%FG (Only 29MPG) is alot better than what Speedy Claxton is producing.

I don't think I'll be watching anymore games until they improve this crap.

Yeah Speedy may be hurt, but he is still looking to be a horrible signing just like Lo was.

The MAIN problem to me is that outside JJ we really don't have anyone who creates shots for others. It's an offensive struggle with him not in the game as we've seen, and neither of our PGs have PG skills.

Lue has the offense, Speedy the defense, and neither the passing. And I am sick and tired of seeing our backcourt under 6'2''.