• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here are my latest notes in the Hawks...

Jester

Remember that I have been the one saying that the team looked good enough on paper to go all the way to play for a championship. I am the one who also said that they have looked good on paper on other years and were a bust then too.

Hold on, that is all I want to thrivialize in the past.

Let me say about the present: Ham is just that. I thought this dude was better, after all, he played 6 years from one team. He may play a little D, but he comes on too strong and he is about hard fouls. How much of that do we need? We're not the bad boys of Detroit and we're not scaring anyone - anymore. At the beginning of the season and after the first half of last season, we did, but we're back to being the buut of all NBA jokes (the playoff bound ATL Hawks - p-l-e-a-s-e). Ham cannot make his shots or free throws - he must go!

Between Jt, SAR, and GRob, the turnovers are aplenty. As for the chemestry or whatever the heck is the reason why this team cannot win games (they make a push to win every game, but how can they when they're almost always behind 10 or 20 points for a time in each quarter?)

This crap has got to stop at some point. I pains me to watch them play lately.

I thought this would be one of the better ATL team for some time now with Hendu, CC, Glob, Emanual, Nazr, Ira on the bench. Sure other teams were also getting stronger, but we had a BIG D center in Theo, a shooting machine in JT, a decent 2 in DJ, a proven power forward in SAR, and a compliment of other players to fill any voids and play with any team. Then we got Grob and, boy, we were all set! NOT!!!!!!

Is it the coaching, still? Is it a chemestry thing – that will never go away? Some games the players play with purpose, other times with apathy. Some times they are matched for a win (Detroit, Phili), sometimes they are matched for a sure loss (Spurs, Heat, Magic, andmany others). I thought this team would be better than most teams in the East and better than some teams in the West…Bust! I think the players on this team want to win, but they just, stil, don’t know how. Is that a coaching or a player problem?

If it is chemestry then we must go back to putting the pieces in place and trade, trade, trade! If it is still coaching, if it ever really was, either the coaches get this thing under control or is back to changing coaches. Last, but not least, Pete B. has tried his best in opinion to get us the right pieces, there is only so much talent in theNBA, and no team is about to turn what talent they have lose too easily. We only got Grob because they had someone better, and the great players that have moved to other teams, like SAR, Theo have done so by for reasons that do not happen every day. What have we to offer to pull another SAR or Theo from another team? I think Pete has done all he can for this team. However, it Pete B. is the problem, maybe it is time to try another way. We all know that he’s very close to have played all his cards and it is just a matter of time. I hope when that change happens we fare well.

However….

Whatever it takes to stop the laughter. Enough already!!! I am tired of hurting for this team.

I hope Pete never lands a job in the NBA again.He

doesn't deserve one.He simply threw players together

with little thought.

I think we must start over an trade Reef/Puppy Dog

to get out of their contracts.Neither are worthy of

their contracts.Reef is not a 12 million a year caliber

player.It doesn't matter IF he COULD be...facts are

that he is not playing like it and hasn't done so in

his career.Big Dog is a 11 million a year role player

and that isn't what you want on your team.

Then I offer JT 4 million or tell him to hit the road.

I agree that both players have been to an extent a disappointment. Though, they both manage to play a decent game most of the time, their D sucks and that makes them look bad. Their 20-points production and a few rebounds is not what it is all about. The darn pick and roll with JT is not working too well and the give the ball to GRob and have him shoot without a dribble has not always produced expected results. I wonder what it would take t make them both play at their top level at all times. It seems like they don't always make the right decisions out on the court. Is It a chemistry thing? For SAR to get 2 points and a dunk he should not have to dribble the ball from one end of the court to the other. As for JT, if he improved his D some, stop the darn turnovers, and get more court-wise at distributing the ball, and if he were 2 or more inches taller...That's too much to ask. He's a great shooter, but he's also a point guard who because he's no AI, cannot stay at the 2 permanently. Is Wilks a better point guard than JT? Will Dickau be a better point guard than JT is right now? Neither could shoot as well as JT, ever, I don't think. What to do about JT? Remmebr those days of Deke when he stayed in the lane and passed the ball out and back in. We don't get that with either SAR or Theo. They are always 15 feet removed from the basket. Is is the coaching? Is it the players? Why doesn't the coach have them park themselves under the basket and pass the ball out if needs be until someone has a shot or they can get a dunk or a shot close to the basket? When Dickau has to drive the ball all the way underneath the basket and then has no one to pass the ball to - Is it the coaching or it the players? I am tired of hurting for this team! Enough already!!