• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we still had Al ...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

JJ wouldn't have to do so much babysitting.

That draft pick can't get you 18/8... can it?

What's done is done. But I have to admit that I thought it was a mistake to just let him go like that. His defense was pretty bad but he was a solid player and decent guy. Not to mention that he had actual offensive moves. I guess we realize now that his production wasn't exactly that easy to replace. I personally thought that he was a decent leader on the court and in the locker room. A lot of people on this board thought that him being traded for a mid-first round pick was addition by subtraction. I never thought that. He was a good player and he actually wanted to play here on top of that. He was actually hurt that BK had no intention of resigning him. We always talk about giving players "more time" but everyone seemed to give up on a guy who was actually doing something positive on the court. Everyone was so quick to put this franchise into the hands of the young guys, believing that they were better than they actually were. "Al is holding our young guys back" or "Marvin needs his minutes to develop and that won't happen as long as Al's around". Sometimes you have to be careful of what you wish for because you might just get it. confused.gif