• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just wondering

GoDawgs21

So for all of you guys out there yelling at BK for getting fleeced in the Harrington deal, would you have done this.

Purely hypothetical, but it is easy to assume that this is was GS asked for in the offseason. Harrington, plus maybe a role guy (bet they asked for Chillz or Salim) in Jackson's place. For Murphy, Dunleavy, and Diogu.

So two of the worst contracts in the NBA, and a undersized rebounder (Ike Diogu Height: 6' 8" Weight: 255 lbs.) Now that sounds just like Shelden. I know he may not have lived up to everything, but he was brought in as a undersized PF to grab rebounds. So in the offseason when you get Shelden to fill the role of Diogu are you willing to take on the extreme salaries of Murphy and Dunleavy. Both who have severlly underpreformed????

Just asking who got fleeced, Harrington for a 1st rd pick in an extremely deep draft or Harrington and Jackson for Diogu, Murphy, and Dunleavey. Yes, Indiana got players back but at close to 30 million in 2009-2010. Who else are they going to have on their team. With those contracts you could have said goodbye to Chill, Smoove, and Marv. So your left iwth that nucleaus in 2010. HAHAHAHA

who EVER said anything about us getting Murphy, Dunleavy or Diogu? This is why we didn't deal with GS. However, I do think he could have gotten more for a player that was putting up 20/7 and was making a reasonable salary. How many players in the draft will put up those numbers?

Besides that Indy pick will probably be about an 18 pick, which is not great value.

BTW who says the '07 draft is a deep one? It's definately top heavy but I'm not sure about the deep part..

Quote:

So for all of you guys out there yelling at BK for getting fleeced in the Harrington deal, would you have done this.

No. but I would have taken on Dunleavy's or Murphy's deal WITH Monta Ellis which is how it would have worked if we'd just traded a resigned Al. Monta would be our 2nd option, 2nd leading scorer as it is. A huge need on this team.

Murphy is what he is. In truth he's just about as good as Al Harrington at Pf. He's a bigger, better rebounding (11.7 RPG one year) slightly poorer scoring, equally defensively poor version of Al Harrington. And he's a guy I trade just before his last season to a team wanting to get rid of contracts.

As if GS was the only other potential team to trade with. Look at LA for instance. Who wouldn't have traded even Childress OR MW and Al for Bynum(now that would have gotten the deal done) now?

I wouldn't have drafted SW so no redundancy there.

Quote:

Just asking who got fleeced, Harrington for a 1st rd pick in an extremely deep draft

I'm not sure this is a deep draft. Particularly at positions of need C and Pg. There isn't much at C past Thabeet IMO and Pg doesn't start until late teens (unless some come out that I hadn't expected). It is definately a strong one at the top though.

W

So Walt in your wisdom I know you were on the phone with BK and GS about the trade. Nobody ever mentioned Ellis in any trade talk, because why would GS give him up. Its nice to see we could do this or could do that, but in actuallity this is what GS was willing to give up to get AH.

SO in your scenario they give up a more vitale player in Ellis then Diogu, but dont get any thing beside harrington. Ummmm, so what they did do was get another starter in Jackson and harrington and didnt have to give up Ellis. yep Im sure he was part of the original offer then.

My whole point of this post was who got the better deal for Harrington. Without your BK hate glasses on look at it:

Harrington.......1st rd pick

Jackson, Harrington..... Murphy,Dunleavy, Diogu

I take that top one and aviod 30 million in salaries any day. Special when that will cause you not to sign your top young guys, and all three recieved already play the positions of Smoove, Shelden, and Childress.

So not taking this trade what other options might have BK had this summer?

Quote:

I don't know why everyone is dogging the Pacers, they are improving their team with this trade. You guys are looking way too much at the contracts. They do suck, but even before they made the trade they were over the cap and would have been over the cap for another 2-3 years. Getting rid of Yessircabbages and getting Diogu are the keys to the trade for the Pacers, if he improves and lives up to his expectations then the Pacers made the right trade.

I agree. I don't understand why everyone thinks the Pacers got raped. If I'm them I would have tried to hang onto Jasikevicus. But big men are more valuable, and they just improved a lot on that front by adding Murphy. He's having an off year, but the talent is still there.

Basically it was a PG and 2 swingmen for a big and 2 swingmen. On top of that I think they've realized that Al isn't all that, and they get to get rid of problem child Stephen Jackson who was turning the fans off. JO was basically talking like he was going to leave if they didn't improve the team, so they took a gamble on something different. I don't mind the trade for the Pacers, especially in the long run.