Tell me about the game last night!

d2v16DKG

Like a fool, I watched American Idol last night believing the Hawks would get blown out by the T-Wolves in Minnesota. Much to my surprise, I learned just the opposite happen (yee who has little faith). To try to get an idea of what happen, I pulled up this website but all I'm hearing is talk about trading everybody on the team and nothing about the game last night. Can somebody please fill me in on how we accomplished the impossible last night? Thanks!

Both teams started slowly, we had Ivey at point and Lo at center. Woodie called a few times outs when our defense let down. Ivey got two fouls early and Chillz came in and next thing you know we got out to around a 10pt lead and held it most of the first half. KG was sluggish and his shooting was off whereas we were getting good shots and hitting them and not turning the ball over. In the third quarter we gradually expanded the lead continuing more of the same. I'd pretty much describe it like how NOK killed us but in this case we were the killer.

Yeah d2v, you picked the wrong game to skip. Basically JJ came out on fire draining nearly everything. They apparently decided not to double team him in the first half. KG couldn't hit anything in the first half (good D by us), and we just built a lead on a few misses by them and some threes by JJ. Before you knew it we were up 10-15 points.

Second half they slowed JJ down but our other guys stepped up (Lo even made a jumper over one of their guys) and extended the lead. Everything worked for us - great game.

• Moderators

IMO, the key stats of the game are the assists (season high 31) and the turnovers (something like 9 for the game and only 4 for the first 3 quarters). The ball movement has gotten MUCH better the last few games which is creating easier and better shots for the Hawks. I think it is more a factor than actually people getting "hot" hands shooting the ball.

Other than being a down game for Smoove on assists, everyone else was pretty darn good. Also, Smoove wasn't bad moving the ball around - he just didn't wrack up the assists.

I beginning to think that people just don't like his name or something. Maybe if his name was Billy Stoudamire he wouldn't get so much flak. Most teams would love to have a second rounder with as much talent as Salim. With Salim we are basically playing with house money, but he gets scrutinized more than our lottery picks.

I won't argue with that. But prior to our PG injuries that was his role. Now that he is in essence the backup pg, you see that he is becoming more of a distributor and running the offense. He had 5 assists last night and shot 50%.

I believe that he can become a valuable point if he is given pg responsibilities. IMO if he started, he could become a Mike James type of point (the Toronto MJ and not the one last night)

20 points 6 apg 40%+ from 3.

Barnburner, as far as the Hawks were concerned.

Slow for the first few minuted. Couple of time outs to

correct some flaws, esp. not rotating when they went

for double coverage on defense.

Corrected that and began assault on opponent, first with

the bomb (3's) then with a lot of ball movement, getting

open shots, via assists for everyone.

Shut down their main man, flustrated him something

terrible. Good defense & double teams will do that.

Throw in a few steals, some fast break points and some

more bombs - Eureka - The formula Hawks have been

looking for!!

Zone defense part of the time - It worked. Real energy

from whoever was on the floor at the time. Kept the

pressure up all the way to the garbage time / Hawks were

so far ahead there was no chance of being caught.

Quick hands on defense. Old man started at center and

picked up some pretty quick fouls, but they weren't the

ticky / tacky ones. They were FOULS!

Zaza came in and didn't let up the pressure, especially

with J. Smoove swatting everything in sight!!

Limited turnovers / Hit their shots / Played what is

perhaps their best game of the year.

Lived up to their potential in this one.

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif