• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't be surprised if we make the playoffs this yr

jerrywest

Quote:

Quote:

22-16 is a lower winning percentage than our last 10 games! (2 22 of 38 is 57.8%, 6 of 10 is 60%!)

caveats: sample size, schedule strength, home games vs road games, yaddayaddayadda.

I'll bite.

If the Hawks can beat the Sixers and Bobcats of the world, it's a (albeit, remote) possibility. They play 20 home games, and 18 road games. The would need to win 2/3 of the home games, and 1/2 of the road games to get to 39 wins.

They play 14 WC teams, but only 6 of those are on the road.

The hard part is February. They play 10 teams with winning records, 6 of those on the road. They play only 8 teams with winning records in March and April combined, with only 3 of those on the road.

It's all about February.

Your right on about February. If we can SOMEHOW post a .500 record for the month of Feb. then we have a very good chance of getting to the 8th seed. Our schedule in March and April is pretty weak. The time is now for this team to FINALLY step up and play up to their potential. Come on Hawks!!! Lets take down Toronto first friday night at home and roll on from there.

You have to look at this much like the Wild Card in baseball. You can't look solely at how many games out of the spot you are. You also have to consider how many teams are in front of you. I'm truly an optimist who is hoping against hope that Hawks keep this play up and make it in. You do have to take it game by game (not week by week or month by month)and slowly climb over each of those teams in front of you. When you're a 9 seed, then you start looking at how many games out of the final spot you are. With this team, looking at who you are playing over a certain span of time is useless. This team will blow the best teams out by 30 and then turn around 2 nights later and be on the other end of a blowout to the worst team in the league.

• Premium Member

Let's see.. we beat LAC, GS.

We were up 18 on Utah.

We were up big on Chicago.

Houston is good.. but not great.

The teams that worry me are Phoenix, San Antonio, and Dallas.

Truth be know, I think we match up well with Phoenix. I actually want them to make us run... and you know JJ is going to playing to score 50 on them!

Quote:

they are on pace for 39, but that includes games before they lost 2/4 of their top guys...they may do ok without them for a short period of time, but over the next 3 months, it's gonna be hard to win at a 39 pace

Nets are thinking about trading away Kidd and Carter (SI) because this season has no future, and Carter is a free agent. Kidd is making 20 mil for 2 more years.

SI suggested Kidd for Grant Hill and Darko and Carter for Kirilinko and change.

Great news for us.

It's funny how many people think it's so far fetched we make the playoffs.

We have a better chance of making the playoffs than landing a top 3 pick IMO.

As people have already stated, the key is February.

If we can make it out the month of February with a .500 record or slightly below .500 record for that month, I think we will cruise in the playoffs.

Why?

#1 It will show this team is for real if it can survive this absurdly hard schedule with just as many wins as losses or just a couple more losses than wins.

#2 If we survive that month, the next two months are much easier and we should be well within arm's reach of the 8th spot if we don't get obliterated in the month of February.

I mean it is painstakingly obvious. If we tank and are the worst team in the NBA buy a margin of 10 games there is still a possibility of getting the 4th or 5th pick. However winning is something we have more control over. We can get motivated and just try try try. Fans can even go to the games and Help motivate them. You know that is not against the rules. We can upset some teams we can gain confidence go on winning streaks just flat out win if its by 1 point or by 20. It’s possible because anything is possible on any given night. If it is not someone let me know so I can quite watching now. There would be no use if we know the outcome of all the games.

Quote:

I mean it is painstakingly obvious. If we tank and are the worst team in the NBA buy a margin of 10 games there is still a possibility of getting the 4th or 5th pick. However winning is something we have more control over. We can get motivated and just try try try. Fans can even go to the games and Help motivate them. You know that is not against the rules. We can upset some teams we can gain confidence go on winning streaks just flat out win if its by 1 point or by 20. It’s possible because anything is possible on any given night. If it is not someone let me know so I can quite watching now. There would be no use if we know the outcome of all the games.

Dead right Lrenro.....

Quote:

Thank you.

We can't control the lottery balls but we can control our own destiny in the games we play in.

We come out with the intensity we have against Orlando against every team good or bad and stay healthy, and this team will get the 8th seed.

Making the playoffs is semi-delusional. Since most of you are full-blown delusional, it's not surprising that you think our odds of making the playoffs are as good as our odds of getting a top 3 pick if we tank. They are, to any objective observer, not even close.

And now someone is talking about CRUISING into the playoffs???? What a joke.