• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Darren Collison for the Hawks.

falc82

I mentioned Darren Collison the other day in a post and he goes off against Arizona to the tune of 17 points, 15 assist, and only 2 turnovers. He is a sophmore at UCLA and was an understudy of Farmer last year which included their run in the NCAA tournament. His early projection is listed as Kevin Johnson, and he is known as a great distrubter and a lock down defender.

He is averaging 13.3 PPG 6 APG 2.2 SPG, shooting .528% FG, .780% FT, and .506% 3 pointers, and a very healthy 2.01 Assit/Turnover ratio.

He's projected as coming out for the 2008 draft and being picked around 8th at this point, but with his strong play of late I can see him leaving this year and being available around the Indy pick. I really think this is the PG we should target in the draft and as the PG of the future.

I really like Collison because he's the best defensive point guard in college basketball. That was his role last season on UCLA's team. Jordan Farmar was not a great defender, so in crucial situations, Darren Collison would be put into the game for defensive purposes. The guy can flat out play some man to man defense. He's one of the quickest players in college basketball and has long arms that allow him to really cause problems for the guy he is guarding.

I think Collison is a great fit for the Hawks, probably the best fit among all of the college point guards at this point. First, as I said above, he's a great defender. I think we need a great defender at the point guard position. Second, he's a drive and kick type of offensive point guard that will fit in really well with the jump shooters we have on this team.

I agree, Collison is a great fit for the Hawks. Right now, there's 3 points guards that I'm really high on: Augustin, Law, and Collison. Collison, for reasons unknown to me, has the lowest stock of the 3 right now and is most likely to be available with the Indy pick. Whether that'll still be true when the NBA draft rolls around is anybody's guess. After UCLA's inevitable run deep into the tourney, Collison's stock is going to be sky high.

Quote:

I mentioned Darren Collison the other day in a post and he goes off against Arizona to the tune of 17 points, 15 assist, and only 2 turnovers. He is a sophmore at UCLA and was an understudy of Farmer last year which included their run in the NCAA tournament. His early projection is listed as Kevin Johnson, and he is known as a great distrubter and a lock down defender.

He is averaging 13.3 PPG 6 APG 2.2 SPG, shooting .528% FG, .780% FT, and .506% 3 pointers, and a very healthy 2.01 Assit/Turnover ratio.

He's projected as coming out for the 2008 draft and being picked around 8th at this point, but with his strong play of late I can see him leaving this year and being available around the Indy pick. I really think this is the PG we should target in the draft and as the PG of the future.

I would really like to see this guy and would be all over getting him...but it certainly seems like he's coming back next year.

If we could somehow know which PGs were entering this draft we could better judge including the Indy pick to get Ridnøur. Since we can't it's very hard to judge the relative need to do it. I really would like to get rid of Speedy's contract and injury history and would have to do this deal if it accomplishes that as it now stands. Ridnour could easily be traded for a 20 pick at the time of the draft and maybe could be traded higher if he plays well with us, increasing his value.